2K vs. 1080P for 16mm

Bill DiPietra

Hello Bill

if you like I can do a 2K and 4K Scan test for you off your a/b rolls on the Lasergraphic s director scanner and if you want we can project then on our 20 ft screen.

we can also do a 16mm film out if your interested.

• Premium Member

Hello Bill

if you like I can do a 2K and 4K Scan test for you off your a/b rolls on the Lasergraphic s director scanner and if you want we can project then on our 20 ft screen.

we can also do a 16mm film out if your interested.

John,

Tried to send you a PM but the site says you can't receive any new messages.

Anyway, do you guys have a website I could check out?...

• Premium Member

If you are doing a 16mm film-out with an optical audio track, the only company I know doing this regularly is Video Film Solutions in Maryland. They deal with a ton of government archive work and have some great systems for doing this. Prices are great too so I would recommend having them do a test to see if it is what you're looking for. You'll wind up with a negative and one print for the price quoted on their website and of course extra prints are easy to do.

Kodak is making it difficult to buy 16mm print stock these days, they've raised the minimum order quite a bit so I would do this as quickly as possible before a 16mm print option disappears.

I've worked with Tommy there on several projects and he's always a great help and cares greatly about film and keeping options open for filmmakers. He grew up in the business.

http://www.videofilmsolutions.com/

• Premium Member

If you are doing a 16mm film-out with an optical audio track, the only company I know doing this regularly is Video Film Solutions in Maryland. They deal with a ton of government archive work and have some great systems for doing this. Prices are great too so I would recommend having them do a test to see if it is what you're looking for. You'll wind up with a negative and one print for the price quoted on their website and of course extra prints are easy to do.

Kodak is making it difficult to buy 16mm print stock these days, they've raised the minimum order quite a bit so I would do this as quickly as possible before a 16mm print option disappears.

I've worked with Tommy there on several projects and he's always a great help and cares greatly about film and keeping options open for filmmakers. He grew up in the business.

http://www.videofilmsolutions.com/

Thanks, Will!