Daylight Balanced Flourecent bulbs

I'm building a cheap lighting rig and i'm gonna use flourecent bulbs and I have heard that if Daylight balanced flo bulbs are used on tungsten stock the light has a blue hue, is this true or is that true with daylight film or is it a daylight balanced halogen bulb? Think a cold lifeless blue, if I have to buy gels that's fine, if so, any sugestions on a good place on the net to buy and what kind? I'll be using s-16 fuji 500 tungsten

If you're using tungsten-balanced stock then yes, daylight balanced flos (daylight balanced anything) will render a blue bias. Keep in mind, however, that the average fluorescent tube will also render a green shift on film, something you may want to compensate for by using CT MinusGreen/Magenta gels or appropriate magenta filtration.

Hope this helps!

If you plan using HMI's also, and if you are going for telecine, you can use a home made thermo colorimeter to check by eye How things are. Use a withe bond paper sheet and then decide if you should Gel your HMI's with plus green. Id rather add green or magenta to my lamps rather than to cover 10 fluorescent lamps on an office or Hallway. Then suppress green excess or magenta excess on Trnsfer

I have some small sort of 42 inch tubes "home flos" that are color corrected Sylvania makes bulbs balanced for 3500k the code is: F17T8/T1735

Good luck. And if you are using this ones on Tripods, try to use ballast off lamp, makes lamp a little bit heavy.