Surveillance cameras

Dear all,

I am shooting a music video where the director wants to have surveillance cameras all over the set.

We will be combine the 35mm look with video of surveillance, VHS and S8.

I suggested to use the dvx 100 and degraded in post but the director likes the look of surveillance cameras. Since he is coming from special effect and animation background he told me that if you degraded the dvx 100 the look will never be like the one of the real surveillance camera and if you can do it you will end up to spend time and money into it and we don't have that.

Do you know what kind of surveillance cameras can I use in order to have an explosure? I were also thinking to use the camera that doctors use for looking inside the stomach. They have a shape of a tube. Does anyone knows the name of this tool?

Also, I am planning to rig of the video camera around the body of the talent and let the camera rotate around him while he is walking. I know that Doggicam makes the body cam but I need rotation instead of a stationary camera on he talent.

Does anyone has any idea how to achieve that? Do you know if there is any device in order to make this shot happen?

Any good cinematographers, key grips, gaffers that can help me out? Any ideas ?

Thank You

Valentina Caniglia

Edited by Valentina

Endoscope is the right reply, as is the Toshiba IKU53 cameras. You may also want to use a buttoncam for this process, and the best I've found is from St. Louis - a company called CD3 - 800-568-9291. Hope this helps, Mike H Arizona