How would you film this type of interview?

Harry Weaks

The type of interview i'm referring to would be one featuring an anonymous subject. I've seen interviews like the one featured below that shows a subjects silhouette being shown during an interview instead of his/her face, and it's done to provide protection o the subject/is allowed at the producers of the program discretion. How would you recommend filming something like that/achieving that look? I've also seen footage where an over the shoulder shot taken from behind the interviewed person is used --only showing the face of the interviewer on camera-- to conceal the interviewed subjects identity as well.

What types of methods do you know of being used to conceal an interview subjects identity during an interview? Have you ever filmed an interview with the need to obscure a subjects identity? If so, how did you do it? Know anyone who has filmed something of that nature? If so, how did they do it? I'm referring to techniques not involving a censor blur added to footage during post-production, and ones involving the actual filming of the interview during the production process.

Here's an example: