Krasnogorsk 3 Info

Luigi Castellitto

1) The viewfinder is slightly colored yellow, but I read in other post of this forum that is normal, that is ONLY the viewfinder and not the lens, and does not affect on the film.

2) You can put Asa intermediate setting? 125, 160, etc.?

Although the little setting wheel is made for "click" on standard measures, it does not leave a lot of movement between two of "standard" Asa setting. Or is it better put standard measurment (es. 100 Asa for 125 Asa film) and be a calculation of + or - stop and + or - 1/3 of stop with the internal light meter?

3) The footage counter should also work with less than 30 meters on the reel? I mean only a few meters on the reel.

I have a couple of meters of film tests on a reel, but it not move. The internal lever that detects the meter it's ok, it "push" on the reel side.

4) Which way you put the edge of the film in film cutter? Emulsion towards us or towards the machine?

I don't know about the meter. Mine doesn't work.

The idea is to cut through a perf to help it engage the sprocket.

Have you seen my Youtube video? I prefer to load by hand.

Ah, I had not seen, it'is a very fast and precise loading.

I, however, still have the loop formers. One day I think to remove them, for now the camera is new and I would not even do this.
I'll have to do it because, in the loading moment, the claw, 90% of the time, does not hook the hole of film, and I do the operation of removal pressure plate and slide the film for engaging the claw in the claw. Perhaps, without the loop formers not happen.
Edited by mbaarviao

For various K-3 users on the forum: I can set 64 Asa (fuji f-64d 16 mm) on the knob on the K-3?

I know I could use an external lightmeter, but the one in my camera works perfectly and I would use it.

I have to set 50 or 100, and do calculations with the stops? I can't understand if the knob of Asa has values of intermediate sensitivity.