Looking for people interested in lenses

Hello everybody!

Im working on a website that has the ambition to become the definite resource of all cinema lenses. With complete info, pictures, technical data and history of every lens used for shooting.

Ive come a long way but realized that I will need some help in a lot of areas. Ive reached out to a few people on the forum with great interest but I would love to hear from some more of you. I've felt for a long time that something like this is missing, and it would be so awesome to get all the known info in one place. This webiste is a community thing, and will always be free to use for everybody.

What Im looking for mostly is information and expertise in any brand, series or specialty lens. Even if you just own a rare set of lenses you might be able to pitch in some close-focus distance information or something like that.

So please, if you feel that this is something worth your time, reach out and we'll talk some more. There is a running beta of the site up and running I can show you!

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you!

Yeah I thought about a wiki, but in the end decided that it would be limited in what I wanted to create. For example, if you have all the lenses in a real database you could make all sorts of lens and FOV-comparison tools, as well as a spec-search and stuff that just wouldn't be possible with a regular wiki. You could also easily expand into an App for iphone/android for example since its web-based.

Just imagine something like this: you're on set and trying to decide weather to change a lens on your steadicam, you go to the app and find the weight and length, make a fast comparison to the original lens, and se the difference. Or if you're looking for lens coverage on the Dragon, pick the lenses you are interested in and see their image-circle overlaid over each other. or any other number of possible things you could do with information that is well-orginazed and purpose built.

Anyway, this idea is kind of already in the making since a while back, and the database is up and running in a beta with over 400 lenses already. I just need help with the heaps and heaps of information needed to fill it!

Phil, thanks. Would you be interested in writing something about it? maybe taking a couple of photos?