Open Face Redhead

Did anyone ever use these Cosmo Light Cosmobeam open face 800/1000w lights?

They are almost the only option available and budget-wise here. It's an Italian brand. But I am wondering are they any reliable, rigid? Or would they just fall apart like those Chinese redheads?

If anyone reads this considering to buy a cheap 1K redhead, stay away from Somita and Star brands.

Thanks

I have the older QuartzColour RedHeads which are really nice compared to the one cheap chinese redhead I got free with some lighting gel. Way better build quality.

Dunno about the more modern ones tho.

Freya

Edited by Freya Black

Absolutely yes

The Good Old italian redhead You Can also Kick It And It Will works Again And Again

Very strong unit spill all over And it's Very harsh But it's our Story in lighting i'm still using that a Lot ianiro And cosmolight are The original Brands The rest are Chinese And for sure Will burn asap.

Leonardo Brocato

Gaffer Rome Italy

Www.loudphoto.it

• Upvote 1

Cosmo/Ianiro "redheads" have been work horses for years. So has Ianiro "blonde" open face 2k. Was never a big fan of the cosmo open face 2k but it'll work.

Arri's open faces are good too. I even like the new HPL 750 open face replacing the 1k open face. The light comes with a ring that a chimera bag easily fits in.

I have to say that I have never heard of cosmolight. I have obviously heard of Ianro QuartzColour who were part of the strand group until recently. It appears the cosmo people bought QuartzColor in 2012 so it is the original company and hopefully the build quality is still as good as in the past.

Like I said before I have a cheap chinese redhead that I got for free (actually I think it was supposed to be the other way around and the lighting gel was free but I was after the lighting gel) the difference between the QuartzColor red heads (I have a set of 3) and the nasty chinese one is simply night and day. The QuartzColor lights are very usable and nice as far as redheads go. The chinese one is a dodgy piece of rubbish in poor condition. Not moaning, it will probably come in handy somewhere but if I was choosing between the two it wouldn't be much of a choice.