Files deleted accidentally!!!! HELP!

yes, and didn't format it and didn't re-used it

Ok....so I'm confused, just re-load the footage into the computer.

R,

• Premium Member

yes, and didn't format it and didn't re-used it

Perfect! Then just re-copy the footage from the card. In the future, I would recommend that you copy important footage to at least 2x drives before formatting and re-using the card. You never know what could happen.

• Premium Member

I think the OP emptied the trash, that's what I got from his initial question.

When you empty the trash on an SD card, it actually writes over the space where the files once were. This is not the case with a hard drive, which "forgets" the files exist until written to again.

You can try Data Rescue X which is a great mac program for this sort of recovery, but I highly doubt you will find anything. This is the problem with solid state storage, there is zero room for error.

Always always do redundant backups. I always bring at least 2 HDs to set and transfer footage to them both simultaneously, wont touch that card until both drives have the footage and it is CRC checked. Then I will try to budget to buy enough recording media to not have to write-over if I can as a 3rd point of backup until the drives are elsewhere and more secure.

I copied the files to the computer and then I deleted the card and then accidentally I pushed the undo button.

what happened that the files undo to transfer from the SD to the computer they disappeared and the files on the SD card that I deleted they didn't went to the recycle bin they deleted completely.

so everything disappeared completely.

1. so the question is which recovery software of files do you favor?

2. and do you format the card after the copy or you leave there the SD card until the new shoot of tomorrow and then format the card completely?

• Premium Member

1. so the question is which recovery software of files do you favor?

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=72037&p=460189

With that being said, if you copied the files to a regular spinning disk hard drive, you may be in luck! I'd try Data Rescue on the volume you copied the files to, you may get lucky.

2. and do you format the card after the copy or you leave there the SD card until the new shoot of tomorrow and then format the card completely?

I rarely format my cards, I leave data on them for as long as possible. Then I generally delete data in the finder, rather then format in camera. I will do that step when I'm physically looking at the media on a hard drive, vs trying to remember if I downloaded the cards or not. With SD media, emptying the trash is the same thing as formatting. It tells those blocks to "forget" the media existed.