God wears hoodies - Teaser

Mendes Nabil

Hello guys! How are you?

Here is the teaser of my upcoming short film - God wears hoodies

The Chapter 0 is coming early next week, it’s a 4mn moody piece that introduces the main character, Chapter 0 bis (which focuses on the lead female character) and Chapter 1 (the short film) will follow in the next few months,

I'm the " Writer / Director / Cinematographer / Editor / Colorist / Producer " of the film, and i can't wait to share the first piece with you..

I hope you guys enjoy!

Edited by Mendes Nabil

Did you compose the music in house? That feels like the thing carrying this short, which is fine if the editing utilizes it creatively.

Also to Bill: If it isn't about Ali I think we'd both feel pretty ripped off, not sure if the football player was also stock footage.

Edited by Macks Fiiod

Thanks for your answers all!

Here are mines:

-That teaser is not supposed to give a "precise" sense of what the film is about, it's more like a clip before the film saying: "Hey guys, something is coming next week, stay tuned! ;) "

-The football player are not stock footages but mine, and the film is not about Ali BUT ..

-And yes, you are all right, that teaser is undeveloped because like i said before, it's more a "Clip before the film", and to be honest i deeply dislike teasers that say too much, i only need few seconds and a sense of the mood to know if i want to watch a film or not..

Here are more screenshots of the film: https://www.instagram.com/nabilmendes/

Guys, i really can't wait to share more with you, especially after all your welcomed critic that say "that's too hidden", Thanks again to all of you, and see you next week ! ;)

Edited by Mendes Nabil

I can only assume, but the people here might be finding a piece with such a lack of info odd because generally when minimalist previews are released, it's for something with a lot of anticipation or iconic imagery. Star Wars/Rocky/Spiderman type stuff can get away with that.

This may come off as rude, but the vast majority of media engaged people aren't counting down the days to your next video release. As they aren't with everyone else on this forum, which is why I don't see very many posters dropping stuff like this.

You can only "tease" people with something they know they want to see. That's clout you gotta earn.

Edited by Macks Fiiod