35mm super takumars on a CP-16R

I had an adaptor machined to fit a set of 35mm super takumar lenses (28mm, 35mm, 135mm, M42 thread) onto the CP mount of a CP-16R. I have used these lenses before with a K3 with no problems.

I have the CP-16R model with a bow tie shutter and have just recently become aware of the smearing problem they are notorious for.

-will the coating on the super taks help avoid the smearing?

-will stopping down to F8 and smaller help avoid smears?

(I will be shooting on vision 50d and 250d, using mostly natural light but also some 1ks for indoors)

Any advice in how to avoid smearing, and any precautions I might not be aware of in using these m42 primes on the camera, would be greatly appreciated.

The smearing is a function of the shutter timing. The film has started to move before the shutter is fully closed. I believe it is only objectionable where there is light- dark transition at the upper edge. It's not specifically related to the lens at all, so the coatings are irrelevant- stopping down reduces the size of the exit pupil, but I can't remember my optics well enough to know if that would help. Apparently the shutter can be modified if you get the problem because it's not present on all cameras. There are plenty of references to it including our very own forum

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=7072