Soviet Lens Mount Specs

Charles Haine

Anybody know any good websites for getting specifications for soviet lens mounts? I've dug around quite a bit and couldn't find any.

Basically, I'm trying to use some PL-mounts that I have that work for my Oct-18 mount Lomo's, and use them to adapt an Arri B-mount. I realize this won't be a perfect match, but with a little jiggering, I figure they'll be good for music video's.

So, I need fairly precise specs on Oct mounts, and on the Arri B-mount, and finding those details on-line (I lent out my ASC manual), has led me to page after page of ads.

Specifically, I'm looking for flange-focal distance, and rear-barrel diameter.

Any good resources?

thanks

chuck

Hey Raf, I never heard back how much it would cost to ship that camera, so I can budget out for it.

SPAM filters delete useful messages sometimes, unfortunately. I don't remember your message, so I didn't get it most probably.

Shipping of typical Konvas-2M set to USA will cost $350 (Air Freight to your nearest airport, full insurance, 3-5 days delivery time).

1M shipping will cost bit less - $280 should be enough usually.

Thanks

SPAM filters delete useful messages sometimes, unfortunately. I don't remember your message, so I didn't get it most probably.

Shipping of typical Konvas-2M set to USA will cost $350 (Air Freight to your nearest airport, full insurance, 3-5 days delivery time).

1M shipping will cost bit less - $280 should be enough usually.

Thanks

It was on that weird-looking prototype camera. I'll admit, it looks facinating to me. Not something I can do this week, or even this month, but if its still there after I've finished a project I'm on, I'd be interested.

It was on that weird-looking prototype camera.  I'll admit, it looks facinating to me.  Not something I can do this week, or even this month, but if its still there after I've finished a project I'm on, I'd be interested.

For this camera $90 should be enough.

Please write me to sales at rafcamera dot com.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Hi

About lens mounts.

OST-18 not correct name of russian lens mount.

I think, you mean the lens mount of 1KSR ( Konvas-1) , 1KSR-1M ( Konvas-1M ) cameras.

The russian original drafts have name : " Lens mount 1KCP-00".

1KSR, 1KSR-1M cameras have lens mount with diameter 47 mm ( -0.01...0.027mm for lens

side ) and flange focal distance 57mm +/- 0.01 mm.

The users ouset her name of russian lens mount OST-19 ( OCT-19),

this is not name of lens mount too, this is name of

technical rule ( russian product standard ) with full name OCT-19-144.

This is rule included description of lens mount of russian cameras.

But, the many peoples call lens mount of Konvas-2M ( 1KSR-2M ) Kinor-35S, Kinor-35H cameras - OST-19 lens mount.

Konvas-2M camera have lens mount with diamater 68 mm, and flange focal distance 61 mm +/- 0.01mm

( the factory name of draft 1KCP-2m-02-002 )

For information,

Arri standard lens mount have diameter 41 mm, flange focal distance 52.00mm

Arri PL lens mount - diameter 54 mm flage focal distance for " normal speed " 51.98mm, " high speed " 51.96mm

the information about

russian lenses you can see on my site:

http://www.geocities.com/kinor35/lenses/lens.htm

Other question you can send me olex@a-teleport.com

Olexandr