Best monitor for custom LUT viewing

Hi

I am using the monitor primarily for loading LUT's and being able to get the best image and best color remapping from the camera using a preloaded 3D LUT is the priority.

Right now I have no way of testing it so I am asking you, the professionals on this forum.

From these monitors which one is the best for this task

Odyssey 7Q+ OLED

SmallHD DP7 Pro OLED

SmallHD DP7 Pro LCD

I am also open to other options.

Thanks

• Premium Member

OLEDs are very good but not as bright as LCDs. If you need to view it outdoors, this may be a consideration, but not an exclusive one.

SmallHD's user interface is very nice. The Odyssey does a lot.

That's basically it.

P

OLEDs are very good but not as bright as LCDs. If you need to view it outdoors, this may be a consideration, but not an exclusive one.

SmallHD's user interface is very nice. The Odyssey does a lot.

That's basically it.

P

OLED's are better. They have deeper blacks and a glossier feel to the image. At least that in my experience the Odyssey is very good at showing LUT's while I have never tried the DP7 OLED.

Anyone who know more about the DP7?

They certainly have deeper blacks but they're generally not nearly as bright - that's all I wanted you to be aware of.

Yes. Even the DP7 LCD version comes in a normal brightness and high brightness version.

My question is more about which on board monitor on there creates the best viewing situation for LUT'S?

My question is more about which on board monitor on there creates the best viewing situation for LUT'S?

Critical evaluation of a LUT would normally be done on a calibrated monitor, viewed in a darkened room, not on a 7" onboard monitor attached to a camera. For a non-critical assessment, I'd imagine that any of those 3 would be adequate.