4 x 4 Black and White Filters?

Ashley Dean Myles

• Premium Member

Tiffen must make 4x4 b&w filters because when I did a Yahoo search for 4x4 Red glass filter, this came up:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...tlist&sku=54245

And a 4x4 Red resin filter made by Lee Filters came up too:

http://www.adorama.com/LER23.html?sid=11217336712515195

Besides Tiffen, I'm sure Harrison and Harrison must make 4x4 b&w glass filters.

Yep, I found the some at B&H (#21 Deep Orange and #25 Red). Unfortunately, that's all they have in stock and the rest are special order, two weeks minimum. Of course, the client needs the finished product by August 1st and so our shoot is scheduled for this Friday and Saturday.

I've gone ahead and purchased the two available from B&H, but still need to locate a Green, Blue and a Yellow. Please keep the tips coming! David, do you know of any Harrison & Harrison dealers? We definitely do not want resin filters.

I did contact Panavision and they have a few in stock for rental, but not all and would have to order them in from another location. Again, time is our issue.

Thanks!

Ash

www.cagexxi.com

• Premium Member

I think that Calumet has them: www.calumetphoto.com. Barbizon might too: www.barbizon.com

Sorry, just noticed that Calumet seems to only stock that size in gelatin. It's not clear from their website whether Barbizon actually has the Tiffens and Schneiders in stock.

Edited by R. Edge

• Premium Member

Yes, Stan Wallace at the Filter Gallery in NYC (next to the Post Office building near Penn Station) can find any filters for you. He knows all the filter makers like Harrison & Harrison, Tiffen, Kenko (Hoya), etc.

stanwallace@attglobal.net

1(212)631-9177

Guest Chainsaw

Brian and Dave ~

Thanks for the much needed and well timed advice. I spoke with Stan this morning and it looks as if we should have about eight Harrison & Harrison and Formatt filters by this time tomorrow. Stan was accommodating beyond measure and I recommend his services to anyone. Thank you both so much for this valuable resource, being mired in Florida does little to help matters when you get down to the wire.

p.s. ~ Hey Wendell, you know where I am if you want to talk... :P

www.cagexxi.com

• Premium Member

My thanks also. I was at Penn Station today and took the opportunity to drop by. I wouldn't have believed the Filter Gallery if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. It reminds me of a shop in Manhattan that sells nothing but buttons and shop in Paris that sells nothing but umbrellas. Filters, filters everywhere. And Stan Wallace is both very pleasant and very knowledgeable.