50K too big 12kw par too small

Guest hoytevanhoytema

Guest hoytevanhoytema

I am looking into just ordering 1 soft hmi light for upcoming production for day exteriors...

Is there something inbetween the 50Kw softsun and the 12kw that is easy to work with? Good spread, punch and easy to filter/soft down?

thanks!

Hoyte

An 18k through a 'normal' somewhat heavy diffusion frame will be much less intensity than a 12k. He said he needs more than a 12 and less than a 50, but very soft.

2 12k pars with wide lenses into, say, ultrabounce, would definitely give him more than the 18 through diffusion. Not much,but it will also be softer. I know because I've done it in the same situation.

Edited by Eric Steelberg

Is there something inbetween the 50Kw softsun and the 12kw that is easy to work with?

Please define "easy to work with"! You want loads of footcandles, but you want soft light, and you want it to be easy?

How about a 12'x12' checkerboard lame, or silver lame? (Of course, you'll need the sun.)

(Isn't there a 30K softsun?)

Edited by J-Ro

Guest hoytevanhoytema

Well, I like the lamp to be versatile... adaptable to the different weather situations we will shoot in, sun / overcast etc.

20K sounds interesting. Ist this made by "lightning strikes"? I really like the character of the 100K's, the spread, and the fact that they are dimmable without intervalls.

hoyte

Hello,

There is a 25k softsun fixture which seems to be right in the range that you want, it is basically the same as the 100k fixture just a quarter the output (and presumably size).

Cheers,

Tomas.

Edited by Tomas Haas