anyone tried bono labs' HD telecine to hard drive?

Jaan Shenberger

... or am i the only one that can't open them?

Yes, thanks for posting the pics.

I had some 'end of file' errors when I tried to open some. A couple gave location errors when I tried to download them. But I was able to snag a before and after of the wall being painted, which gave a good idea of the difference between flat and corrected.

Guest Chainsaw

I'm sorry that some of the images failed to load. We'll try and rectify that problem asap. Also note that somewhere in there are one or two BTS frame grabs shot on a DVX-100 for additional comparison. I'll dig through my files at the office tomorrow and try and find my lighting plots and camera reports and scan and post those for the few that are interested.

As an aside; in a few days we'll be posting our new company demo reel and there will be at least ten seconds of this "celebrated" footage included. Unfortunately it was not a very visually ambitious commercial (it was for a paint company) but we did give it a good soft saturated look. We did break out a Glidecam and skateboard rig (because we are courteous to a fault) but this was done on the uber-cheap. We shot the majority of this at different frame rates (20,22fps etc.) and used minimal "white" sources and heavy lighting and camera filtration. I'll get the exact specs tomorrow, and since I was/am the DP/cam op/colorist/editor I do actually have all of the info ready to share. Oddly enough according to Tim at Bono Labs this was the first production in Florida to use this workflow through them.

So it goes...

• 2 months later...