New Fuji Film on S8 !!

Tobias

This is great news! I have seen velvia in 35mm and super 8. It is easily as good if not better than kodachrome in grain and color. Plus, it is an E-6 process! :lol:

Price is the only issue. I was unable to translate the web page. Does anybody know how much the film is going for?

Guest uoliwils

cool! where did you see velvia in super8? was it pro8mm?

I think it will be quite expensive anyway, velvia itself is the most expensive 35mm slide film available... then it has to be re-perforated... but definitely worth a try!

A friend of mine had a couple of rolls of super 8 Velvia. Not sure where he got them (in Europe I think), but they looked great. I also worked on a Toyota commercial that was also recently shot on beautiful 35mm Velvia motion picture stock.

In both cases processing was done at Spectra Film and Video. They did an excellent job. The result was an extremely sharp and colorful picture.

Guest filmfreund

We already have a Super 8 cartridge with Fuji Velvia 50 ASA Daylight film to test it. The test will be published in the next issue of small format, also a test about Ektachrome 100 D inside the Super 8 cartridge and the Wittnerchrome 40 T (cartridge is filled with Kodachrome 40).

The price of the film is not fixed yet. Will be available late this year, I think. But not so expensive as some of you may think!

Juergen Lossau

www.smallformat.de

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
We already have a Super 8 cartridge with Fuji Velvia 50 ASA Daylight film to test it. The test will be published in the next issue of small format, also a test about Ektachrome 100 D inside the Super 8 cartridge and the Wittnerchrome 40 T (cartridge is filled with Kodachrome 40).

The price of the film is not fixed yet. Will be available late this year, I think. But not so expensive as some of you may think!

Juergen Lossau

www.smallformat.de

The Ektachrome 64 WILL NOT be a suitable replacement for someone like me who likes minimal grain most of the time. I'm looking forward to experimenting with the Kodak super-8 negative stocks and the Velvia as well.

Ektachrome 64T may be popular with the music video and commercials crowd because it is an E-6 process so same day processing will be available in Los Angeles. It also will complement the nicer looking 16mm and 35mm film stocks by looking vastly inferior grain wise yet have nice coloration. The colors are nice with the Ektachrome 64, the grain is too much for my uses of Super-8.