95 and 105mm Printing Nikkor Lens Service?

• Sustaining Member

Does anyone know any company or individual who is still servicing Nikon Printing Nikkor's (you know, like for an optical printer)?

I have a 95 and 105 I am considering purchasing, but they were stored poorly and have some obvious issues;  I need someone who can evaluate and possibly clean the internal elements if they turn out to be worth salvaging.

I work on my own Nikkor's for still cameras, but these spook me a bit AND I haven't totally committed to purchasing them yet, so...

I wish John Monseaux was still around;  miss him.

Thanks for any leads.

Edited by Frank Wylie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sustaining Member

I decided to go ahead and purchase these lenses and clean them myself. 

In the past, I used Rodenstock enlarging lenses on a Nikon bellows with adapters with acceptable results for field flatness, but they are not really designed for 1:1 copying and light loss was somewhat of a problem.

These belong to a Acme Optical Printer I purchased and will be restoring to operation, but since the weather has turned cold it will probably be next spring before I can move it to my house.  I don't really plan on doing much optical printing, but restoring one of these printers to as near original condition as possible will be a good "old fart" passtime and save it from the scrap heap...

• Like 1