Succession (HBO)

• Premium Member

So, there's no thread I could find of this series so why not.

Series Cinematography by 

Patrick Capone ... (12 episodes, 2018-2021)
Christopher Norr ... (8 episodes, 2018-2021)
Andrij Parekh ...

(3 episodes, 2018)

Camera  Arricam LT, Leitz Summilux-C and Angenieux Optimo Lenses 
Arricam ST, Leitz Summilux-C and Angenieux Optimo Lenses
Laboratory  Cinelab, London, UK (processing: UK) 
Kodak Film Lab, New York (NY), USA (processing) 
Technicolor PostWorks, New York (NY), USA (digital intermediate)
Negative Format  35 mm (Kodak Vision3 500T 5219)
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm just about to finish Season 2 (I'm on final episode). So Season 3 to start soon for me.

I find the characters, their lifestyles etc despicable...which is the whole point of course.....love the satire, the cast, the comedy and the writing of the series and of course...yawn yawn....they shot with my beloved Vision3 500T. 

Obviously shooting mainly on Angenieux Optimo zoom parfocal lenses....hence the stylistic zoom in and out whilst keeping focus......THAT never ceases to amaze me how it just keeps focus....and then there's 'The Office' style handheld shooting too.

It all just works....and 'the old money flavour' they wanted by shooting film comes across well. Has a 16mm feel about it which I really like.

This series's naturalistic lighting style in my opinion showcases Kodak Vision3 stock latitude capabilities and characteristics in how it handles highlights. The 'curve' of film up there is what makes film what is IS when we have huge contrast.....

Chapeau to Cinelab London for their part in all this...processing the film stocks etc.

• Like 1