Super 16 Conversion for a Bolex

Stephanie Zimmer

Hi,

Has anyone converted their Bolex to super? I am researching my options but I would love to have personal references. There seems to be a big discrepancy in price for the process. I have a few questions, too, if anyone is familiar. Ultra vs. Super 16? Is it necessary to adapt the 400' mag also (I read this)? How do I know which lenses will not cover super? Also, what is an anastigmat lens? Thanks.

Hi,

Has anyone converted their Bolex to super? I am researching my options but I would love to have personal references. There seems to be a big discrepancy in price for the process. I have a few questions, too, if anyone is familiar. Ultra vs. Super 16? Is it necessary to adapt the 400' mag also (I read this)? How do I know which lenses will not cover super? Also, what is an anastigmat lens? Thanks.

Bolex factory in Swiss http://www.bolex.ch/ can convert any Bolex RX (and the 400 mags) in super 16 for about 1300 eur (they told me special offer this month). Not the cheapest but probably the best and surest place. Only they have any original piece/spare for this old camera.

Forget Ultra...

All the best,

Lluís

Bolex factory in Swiss http://www.bolex.ch/ can convert any Bolex RX (and the 400 mags) in super 16 for about 1300 eur (they told me special offer this month). Not the cheapest but probably the best and surest place. Only they have any original piece/spare for this old camera.

Forget Ultra...

All the best,

Lluís

Les bosher in UK. Guy at cameras pro in US. Much much cheaper than the factory.

Steven