Arri 16s to Super 16 Conversion

Gino Terribilini

It is possible and I've seen the results, but it is very expensive and a major carving out of the camera. I believe there is a place in Australia that does it, and Cinema Techniques in Miami does as well. Arri no longer does this although I believe they did at one time. For the cost and versatility you are probably better off buying and converting another camera instead such as a CP-16.

PS Technik in Germany has a really terrific Super 16 conversion with many options that the Arri SR III has. There is a company they are paired up with in the US in florida but I forget which one. Being a German company it costs a little more lately with the Euro being about $1.25 in the recent past.

Best

Tim

• Premium Member
PS Technik in Germany has a really terrific Super 16 conversion with many options that the Arri SR III has. There is a company they are paired up with in the US in florida but I forget which one

Tim

Hi,

The company in Miami is http://www.cinematechnic.com. Had an E-mail from Jorge this morning, he has no electricity as a result of the hurricane.

Stephen

Dear Asparaco

Sorry I do not have any photos of the S. We usually turn them around quickly and they are out of here before we remember to take a shot. I have earmarked the next one for a photo session BUT 90% of the work is on the inside and impossible to see. We widen the mirror/shutter, the key to the S16 conversion of both the S and the BL. All you see from the outside is the PL (or Arri standard or bayonet, depending on client preference) hardfront.

Regards

Bruce

Dear Asparaco

Sorry I do not have any photos of the S. We usually turn them around quickly and they are out of here before we remember to take a shot. I have earmarked the next one for a photo session BUT 90% of the work is on the inside and impossible to see. We widen the mirror/shutter, the key to the S16 conversion of both the S and the BL. All you see from the outside is the PL (or Arri standard or bayonet, depending on client preference) hardfront.

Regards

Bruce

Dear Asparaco

Regards

Bruce