dvd

F Bulgarelli

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a software program for Mac that allows you to grab frames straight from a dvd and convert them to jpg or similar.

I've seen people posting frames from movies on this site and I was wondering how they do it.

Thanks

Francisco

Guest matthew david burton
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a software program for Mac that allows you to grab frames straight from a dvd and convert them to jpg or similar.

I've seen people posting frames from movies on this site and I was wondering how they do it.

Thanks

Francisco

cmd/shift/3 screenshot !

-matt

• Premium Member

VLC (VideoLAN Client) Media Player

http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/5758

It's a cheap, mediocre DVD player software for Mac but it does allow frame grabs. I had to get it when I got a Mac Powerbook recently. It's much easier to grab them on my PC using Power DVD or Nero DVD player software though.

• Premium Member
Hi Matt,

That method saves as a PDF. How do you then convert to something photoshop-able?

Thanks!

Just open them in Photoshop and the program will convert them automatically.

VLC isn't the best player in the world, but it will play ANYTHING. I often have problems with .avi files in Quicktime Player, but VLC just plays whatever I throw at it, including Windows Media files.

• Premium Member
Just open them in Photoshop and the program will convert them automatically.

VLC isn't the best player in the world, but it will play ANYTHING. I often have problems with .avi files in Quicktime Player, but VLC just plays whatever I throw at it, including Windows Media files.

Thanks Adam.