Guest James Westbrook

First time on 16mm, first music video

I can't see it either. I've got the latest version of Quicktime and I've tried three browsers.

Any chance of uploading it to yousendit or megaupload, or something else?

Thanks.

Edited by Peter E.

Guest no-bones
I can't see it either. I've got the latest version of Quicktime and I've tried three browsers.

Any chance of uploading it to yousendit or megaupload, or something else?

Thanks.

i can see it here: http://www.kitashton.com/video.htm but i can't hear it; maybe there isn't any audio. very nice work - a little short on the length of shots, but then i don't watch music videos, which seem to cater to short attention spans.

overall great job!

Guest markb

Could i ask you where you got your matte box and the parts for your lens support. i'm trying to get a set up for my Bolex and Angenieux zoom but so far the ready made prices are way out of my league.

Fantastic video - you should feel proud.

Thanks

Mark

Edited by markb

just out of curiosity, in the pictures it shows you using a low-end video dolly/tracking system. How did it work out with a film camera? Did it give you smooth tracking? Was it quick to set up?

Great video, man! It was amazing!

Who did you go to to get your film developed and telecined? Also, what format did you telecine to?

Just saw the finished video and it turned out amazing. Something to really be proud of man. Great going! Keep us updating on your next filming adventure. ;)

Guest stoop
just out of curiosity, in the pictures it shows you using a low-end video dolly/tracking system. How did it work out with a film camera? Did it give you smooth tracking? Was it quick to set up?

It worked pretty well, the tracking was smooth and easy to set up. Of course a dolly with a seat etc would have been better.

Great video, man! It was amazing!

Who did you go to to get your film developed and telecined? Also, what format did you telecine to?

Film was developed and telecined at Todd-AO in London. The footage was transfered to Digi Beta.

Just saw the finished video and it turned out amazing. Something to really be proud of man. Great going! Keep us updating on your next filming adventure.

Cheers, I was hoping it would help me get into the National Film School but I didn't even get an interview. :( On the bright side however I have another two music videos to do off the back of this one which is great, shooting on Digi beta not film though.

Stoop,

Could you tell us a little bit more how you made your Matte Box/Kompendium?

I own a Kinor-16 CX-2M and eventually will buy the 10-100mm that you used in your production, so I am very interested in lerning how to construct a komendium for it (as there aren't any original made for that camera).

If you please could provide us with instructions and perhaps a diagram?

Edited by Tomas Stacewicz

HI.

I'd like to set up my Kinor and Pentaflex for this cheap video tap that you have used.

What kind of camera have you used. Are you able to name it?

b.t.w - a great first time work

regards

Pawel