Seany Sauce - "Take It Slow"

Kyle Geerkens

• 1 month later...

10 dollars :rolleyes: , yeah OK, anyway it looks fantastic, a few minor focus problems that distracted me once or twice, the lighting is terrific and you seemed to really capture to mood. The guy looks great, has a real presence. Very good job. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• Premium Member

Nice work Kyle. Really well done. It's great to see artists doing great work for little budget rather than the Jumblemouths (definition) who continuously try to tell you what piece of equipment can or can not do a job while not taking into account that it's about artistry, not numbers. You'll start to get those same folks asking you what camera you used rather than what's your background so don't get bogged down by these folks.

What was the inspiration for the look? Did you find it after the fact by fooling in post or did you have a clear-cut plan going in? And was the shooting well planned or did you just spend a lot of time shooting a lot of things that seemed to work?

Edited by WALTER GRAFF

• 5 months later...

Thanks Everyone who commented!

I know 10 Dollar budget sounds like I'm lying.. But All the equipment was owned or borrowed by myself. All food was paid for by the individuals. Tape stock was my only expense as I worked for free, and i shot on the DVX100B so tapes were cheap.

The story was conceptualized beforehand, and I visualized how I wanted it to look. I wanted the interior scenes to appear very "fly-on-the-wall". So I shot a lot of full length takes from different vantage points. The look was painted in post, but the single key look was intentional. There was no specific influence.. i just knew how I wanted him to appear to the audience. Very little eye contact and reserved but friendly.

Thanks again for the comments!

Kyle

• 3 weeks later...