Which Stock?

Chris Durham

So I've just got my hands on a Canon 814 and I'm excited to shoot something on film. I'm gonna order a roll from Pr08mm I think and shoot 50' just to make sure everything works and that I can operate the thing without messing it up. I'm gonna order reversal for now I think, so I started looking and was just wondering - would I be better served ordering ASA64 or 100? Is there big enough a difference for me to care? Any other advice? This is my first chance to mess around with film, so any advice would be welcome. Thanks

So I've just got my hands on a Canon 814 and I'm excited to shoot something on film. I'm gonna order a roll from Pr08mm I think and shoot 50' just to make sure everything works and that I can operate the thing without messing it up. I'm gonna order reversal for now I think, so I started looking and was just wondering - would I be better served ordering ASA64 or 100? Is there big enough a difference for me to care? Any other advice? This is my first chance to mess around with film, so any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Well, if you have a working projector, I would suggest that you get a roll of black and white reversal stock for a camera test. Simply because it is cheaper. To do one roll from Pro8mm and have it transfered is rather prices per roll. Check these boards for stuff about Pro8mm stock. It is not always the best and not always the amount that they say it is. If you really want to do color, order a roll of the 64T from Dwaynes and have them process it as well, their prices can't be beat. Good luck and have fun with it.

Chris