Shoulder Pad

Right Hand Grip

CE Frame Rate Controler

PL Mount

Angenieux 17.5-70mm T2.4

Pelican Case w/wheels

Camera was given a clean bill of health by Cinema technic last year

and also modified by them so that the Start/Stop plastic lever can't break

on you and cause you to have to stop shooting until you have it fixed.

10,000 o.b.o.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Christopher Wedding

• Premium Member

So you bought my SR1 and had it for a few months, then sold it to buy this SR2 in Super 16, and you've had that for about a year and now you're selling that? You go through cameras faster than I do. :lol:

How about some pics, especially of the PL mount and gate (who did the conversion by the way?), and how about a serial number for the camera body and for each of the two mags (or at least the first three digits of each). And maybe a link to some footage shot with the camera?

Thanks,

-Tim

Guest Christopher Wedding

Yup, tough times. I don't really want to sell it, but I'm putting feelers out there.

I'll get the pics up in the next week along with all the serials and a link to footage.

Cheers,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Christopher Wedding

I've posted a link to pics and footage at the bottom. Here's the info about the camera when I bought it. It's been well maintained by myself and is a wonderfully inclusive package.

Super 16 PL Mount Arri SR 2. I am the second owner of this SR. Before me it belonged to Denmark Television. To my knowledge it has never been in rental. About 5 years ago my German, Arri Munich trained tech was retiring and allowed me to go through his stock of NEW parts before closing shop. This camera has among many new parts, a new German SR2 motor, new German SR2 circuit boards, new SR2 base, new SR2 drive gears, new sr3 "gummy" mag gears, etc. At that time the camera was converted to S16 with a VanDiemen front. The meter was removed, making the finder about 1 stop brighter. A second Fischer connector was added in the rear where the audio sync port was allowing for additional outboard gear such as microforce and external speed control. Afterwards George at Cinematechnic installed the VanDiemen PL mount and converted the mags to super16. This camera has been a real breadwinner for me because of its incredible reliability and precision. It has been meticulously maintained and cared for. Items included are: SR2 s16 body with throat and lens port covers, 2 s16 mags with throat covers, 2 cine60 batteries, hand grip, power cable, Tekin high performance charger, Pelican case, Jon Fauer SR2 book.

There are other accessories included as you can see by the first posting and the pics below.

Hope this helps.

Pics:

http://www.dpchris.com/ArriSR2/ArriSR2.html

Footage:

http://www.dpchris.com/ParadiseTan.mov

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Christopher Wedding

• Premium Member

Chris,

That serial number makes it a very early Arriflex 16SR with French Electronics and Motor, not an Arriflex 16SRII with German Electronics and Motor. Are you saying that your German tech took a French 16SR and changed things?

Also, that is not an Arriflex Super 16 gate, it is a regular 16 gate with the one side milled out. You need to be careful with those as far as scratching and image bleed.

And finally the serial numbers on the mags make them very early 16SR mags, not SRII mags.

That's a pretty interesting mix of parts for one camera.

Best,

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, just a couple of quick questions.

The lens is an Angeniux with PL mount. Did you buy that on Ebay?

and did you use that lens for your Tanning Footage?

I'm looking to buy that lens and need to know how well it performs.

Sanj

• Premium Member
Yup, tough times. I don't really want to sell it, but I'm putting feelers out there.

I'll get the pics up in the next week along with all the serials and a link to footage.

Cheers,

Chris

Hello Christopher,

Please send me some links to footage or stills shot with the 17.5-70mm lens, I get asked for those all the time.

BTW, thank you for the great deal on the SR1, a University is getting some good use out of it.

Best regards,

Ken Hale