Independent cinematographer with own Kit and portable sound.

Guest iceberg nine productions

Guest iceberg nine productions

I am an Independent Writer/Director/Producer currently based in India currently working on a feature film to be shot in the Himalayas. I am seeking a cinematographer (with his own equip 2k/4k) to work on this project. A huge mindscape and a belief in the project are very important, as this project will open your doors to many more. Whether you are a student or a professional-What is of consequence is whether we are able to connect and if you are interested in being a part of a project that is a very relevant HUMAN STORY about love,inspiration and freedom.

Though this is a low budget indie-I will have a budget assigned.

If you are a student who is waiting to break free or a Pro who is sick and tired of the same old lights, colors, sights and sounds. and if you have adrenalin lying dormant…write back! I like cinematographers who constantly seek to challenge their own abilities and I am clear about what I want to achieve in terms of my story.

My preference would be for a Dop who is in possession of their own kit-Camera that records sound.My cinematographer is not somebody whom I hire-He will become family.

He will not be someone who pans THIS way and goes to bed thinking that he would have actually panned it THAT way.He would have absolute freedom to execute in real time.

Someone who is uncomplicated,flexible and energetic..Someone who does not spend half his life analyzing lighting...Someone who will blend into my story.Someone who has his Independent spirit towering above his CV or Reel.Someone who would treat this the way he would treat his first film.

This is not a bollywood film and there is no singing,dancing or jumping around.It is not a large production with unnecessary crew..This one is different.

I wish to shoot in August 2009-Drop me a line.Hook this.

I am an Independent Writer/Director/Producer currently based in India currently working on a feature film to be shot in the Himalayas. I am seeking a cinematographer (with his own equip 2k/4k) to work on this project. A huge mindscape and a belief in the project are very important, as this project will open your doors to many more. Whether you are a student or a professional-What is of consequence is whether we are able to connect and if you are interested in being a part of a project that is a very relevant HUMAN STORY about love,inspiration and freedom.

If you are a student who is waiting to break free or a Pro who is sick and tired of the same old lights, colors, sights and sounds. and if you have adrenalin lying dormant…write back! I like cinematographers who constantly seek to challenge their own abilities and I am clear about what I want to achieve in terms of my story.

My preference would be for a Dop who is in possession of their own kit-Camera that records sound.My cinematographer is not somebody whom I hire-He will become family.

He will not be someone who pans THIS way and goes to bed thinking that he would have actually panned it THAT way.He would have absolute freedom to execute in real time.

Someone who is uncomplicated,flexible and energetic..Someone who does not spend half his life analyzing lighting...Someone who will blend into my story.Someone who has his Independent spirit towering above his CV or Reel.Someone who would treat this the way he would treat his first film.

This is not a bollywood film and there is no singing,dancing or jumping around.It is not a large production with unnecessary crew..This one is different.

I wish to shoot in August 2009-Drop me a line.Hook this.

Sounds interesting, how do I contact you?

A huge mindscape and a belief in the project are very important, as this project will open your doors to many more.

Sure.. uh huh... certainly there will be gigs after your job but will this particular project be the cause... that remains to be seen. I heard statements like this over and over from Producers and Directors in Hollywood.... you won't win the interest of any 'pros' with this kind of carrot dangling ;)

• 2 months later...

HUMAN STORY about love,inspiration and freedom.

I am clear about what I want to achieve in terms of my story.

This one is different.

film to be shot in the Himalayas

Himalayas seems like a very undisturbed color rich area of the planet. I think photography will be "awsome". This "human" story is too generalized. These words of "love,inspiration and freedom" are big and get lost in a sea of thoughts. Could you be more specific? Is the final draft for your screenplay a working one? Is it about something spiritual? Carnal? Is it about politics?

Certainly the 20th century was built upon those ideas and words. Including some not so nice wars.

I guess my question is what is the movie about in specific? What genre?

like the comment about the carrot dangling....

The best to you.

I wouldn't mind going to india. I have a project I want to do there. I could take off tomorrow...

I feel free as a bird, but I want to keep my head between the two wings if you know what I mean.