Joe Taylor

Best On-Line Sites to Post Your Demo Reel

Can anybody recommend some of the better sites to post your demo reel? I have been searching and there seems to be numerous options. I'd also like to hear some of the pros and cons to possibly going this route.

Thanks!

I liked blip.tv back in the day as you could link to a quicktime of the film, and it also generates an embedable flash for you. Veoh seems to look damned good for the most part. Stay away from youtube, though; the quality just isn't there.

I like Vimeo, with the standard account you have 500mb and one HD video to upload per week, and with the plus account you have unlimited videos in HD and downloadable .flv and original versions.

You can password protect your videos or create groups or channels for more tools.

I'm familiar with Vimeo and places like that, but there are also sites like Reel-Exchange that are geared more towards the film and video industry.

Has anybody worked with sites like this?

I have a reel-exchange. I never really update it etc. I don't see as much of the need. Most times people want to see my reel they'd go to my site (a better choice for video hosting) and or a job comes to you by way of recommendation. Hence, sites like reel-exchange doen's really seem to fulfill a use. Now, this isnt' to say you ought not put something on there; cause who knows?