Medium focus adaptors

Rolfe Klement

Been super busy - but a quick question...

Are there any adaptors that allow me to put a MF lens (like Hasselblad etc) on my PL mount 35mm arri.

I want to do blurry wide shots with nice DOF.

thanks

Rolfe

www.creativesunshine.com

Rolfe,

There might be such an adapter...but you'll get the same DOF and field of view.

There are no adapters to project the image on a MF sized ground glass to give you the MF DOF and I don't expect anyone to build one.

How about finding an f1.2 still camera lens in the 35mm format and adapting that?

• Premium Member

Bruce is right. You may find such an adapter but you'll find that the lenses are slower and you won't even be able to find lenses that are all that wide on 35mm. Your best bet is to stick with the sharpest 35mm lenses like master primes (because they look like they go out of focus faster, because of the contrast and sharpness) and to shoot wide open. If you do that, you'll be able to throw out the backgrounds, at least a little bit, on even very wide lenses.

Been super busy - but a quick question...

Are there any adaptors that allow me to put a MF lens (like Hasselblad etc) on my PL mount 35mm arri.

I want to do blurry wide shots with nice DOF.

thanks

Rolfe

www.creativesunshine.com

You do not think to use of special portrait cine lenses with short DOF or with DOF control ?

or lenses with shift tilt control ?

Any optical transformer will give you additional grainy of intermediate ground glass.