Kodak Ekta 100D HD Transfer Test

Anthony Schilling

• Premium Member

Im still working some bugs out with camera settings and codecs, but here's a sample of S8 100D with Workprinter setup, Velocity Box, HDMI to Intensity Pro.

http://www.vimeo.com/13946277

Very nice! There is hardly any grain in the transferred image at all. How did it look when you projected it on the screen?

• Premium Member

Very nice! There is hardly any grain in the transferred image at all. How did it look when you projected it on the screen?

Thanks for sharing your work on vimeo. I'm going to have to add a page about vimeo and super-8 on my super-8 websites. My one issue with your transfer is it is too contrasty. If you can invert your camera settings to be less than flat, meaning the whites are reduced and the black levels are slightly raised, you will get more latitude out of your transfer. Definitely AVOID zero black on any camera that is doing film transfer work.

Very nice footage. What camera did you use to capture the images? Does the Workprinter transfer negative also?

I used the Sony HDR-HC9. The reason I picked that model is because it's one of the only HD cameras I could find that still has the "negative art" feature. I plan to use that with some filtration to transfer negative. The only drawback to the cam is the rolling shutter with the CMOS. I have to use a 1/250th or higher to avoind artifact. Still working out settings and techniques... I'm shooting 4 rolls on a trip this week, think i'll shoot a white card and a gray card for white balance and exposure in the transfer.