Antique Lens on 5D

John Sprung

• 2 months later...

Great, now there'll be a run on antique lenses

There already is ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dallmeyer-Super-Six-Anastigmat-lens-1-9-75mm-478453-/160544830183?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item256137b2e7#ht_4879wt_1141

I bought a 1870's Voightlander Petzval for about $1500 two years ago - similar examples are selling for $3000+ today :blink:

Here's an interesting item:

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/09/20/century-old-lens-on.html

-- J.S.

Good idea.

The old photo lenses have simply optical schemes and primitive multicoating or without MC.

The technology of production of a old photo lenses was simply too, but, paradox - this is lenses can make great images.

This is pictures have a some art " salt".

We tired from high sharpness and high contrast pictures and wish soft and low contrast " romantic " style.

As of my opinion and experience, the very interested lenses from old medium format photo cameras, like 9x12, 6x9, 6x6 sm.

I test many old lenses with photo cameras and had great results.

The special art style of image can show you wide possibility at creation.

Old medium format and 35 mm SLR photo lenses lenses have long FFD and can be attach to DSCL cameras.

I confirm of a idea to find of a new art tools for realization a new creative ideas.

I can draw attention on " monocle " ( single glass optical system ) type of lenses too.

There already is ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dallmeyer-Super-Six-Anastigmat-lens-1-9-75mm-478453-/160544830183?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item256137b2e7#ht_4879wt_1141

I bought a 1870's Voightlander Petzval for about $1500 two years ago - similar examples are selling for $3000+ today :blink:

Do not need chase on collection lenses.

This is lenses have super high value, because, this is antique lenses.

From optical side, the similar picture result will show you a lenses with less price $10..$50....

When it comes to the ones I own myself they are much older and I just like them as objects as much as I like the image they project...

Its interesting! When I searched google for an image of my lens - I got...

an image of MY lens:

718_na_bor_dallmeyer_ppl.jpg

:lol:

I also have one of these:

-145642206121940510.jpg

You could probably get a GH1 inside it

• 2 weeks later...

The lens itself was not expensive. about $100. The mount was more expensive. My friend Fima, from Panorama camera center in NY made this for me. I only wish the test photos didnt become the popular ones, serves me right for posting tests..... The reason i built this lens was for this project: Iraq Photos.

Enjoy!

Edited by Timur Civan