Tim Tyler

Gifts for Your Cinematographer

Cinematography.com has compiled a list of quality, practical gear that every professional and student cinematographer, camera assistant and gaffer will likely enjoy receiving.

And don't forget our extensive Books for Cinematographers section of Cinematography.com!

Forward this post to your family and friends!

Something missing from this selection? Reply with your suggestion.

• Upvote 4

That is possibly the worst, most tooth-grinding piece of galactic tat imaginable. It's as tasteless as McDonalds' cheeseburger cheese, and considerably cheesier.

That is possibly the worst, most tooth-grinding piece of galactic tat imaginable. It's as tasteless as McDonalds' cheeseburger cheese, and considerably cheesier.

:) Are you referring to the Arri Watch? Yellow and Red - Class!

It's a tough call. On the one hand you could buy nearly 4 GoPro hero3 Black cameras. (Peter Jackson's new favourite camera apparently) or you could get an Arri Watch that exudes your status as a "dop" and be the envy of all your friends.

Consider it an investment in your image and personal branding. A rolex don't cut it no more.

Totally dop...e!

Freya

"I wonder what a RED camera watch would be like?"

It would be absurdly heavy, and designed to appear vaguely military. It would randomly stop working on a regular basis and take 90 seconds to restart. On delivery, it would have only one hand. The other two would be delivered at an unspecified later date. It would also claim to have far more hours in a day than any other brand of watch.

• Upvote 5

Amazing book! That's what I have been reading. I read the chicken coop lights part today. I'm loving it. Thank you for this amazing book. I was thinking of getting a color checker. Good to see it here. I'll definitely get it in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Osman. Also check out my website at www.lightingforcinematography.com I try to keep posting new info aout the latest lights coming out. Happy Holidays.