Hi, I have a Ronford Baker fluid head, with Mitchell base. I need some legs for it. Does anyone have any experience with Proaim tripods? There are some used Ronford Baker and similar Mitchell base tripods for sale on Ebay but aveage price is quite high. Proaim make traditional heavy duty tripods, and this sort of model, too: https://www.proaim.com/proaim-gravity-professional-video-tripod-stand.html

This is for a IIC film camera, and a one-man camera team, no crew to speak of. Any thoughts?

Och!  'tis a lonely walk upon yonder heathery heights .. and no man nor beasty canna advise a lowly independent filmmaker, aye.

That second link looks like they copied the design of a Ronford-Baker heavy duty tripod. The price is very low, especially since it includes the spreader. I have no experience with with Proaim's product but when something looks too good to be true...

Aye...true. Good point. I've located a R.B. legs in Australia. Somewhat more in price, but that's filmmaking.

What is the maximum payload weight of a Ronford Baker Medium Duty tripod? And a R-B Heavy Duty? By maximum weight I mean what combined weight of camera and fluid head can the legs carry? Thank you.

1 hour ago, Jon O'Brien said:

What is the maximum payload weight of a Ronford Baker Medium Duty tripod? And a R-B Heavy Duty? By maximum weight I mean what combined weight of camera and fluid head can the legs carry? Thank you.

http://www.ronfordbaker.co.uk/

Here you should be able to find everything you need to know. 

I looked, but it doesn't say. From other websites eg. Abelcine it looks like medium duty R-B might support up to 150 lbs. Heavy duty up to 200 lbs.

Emailed Ronford Baker and got this swift reply: "Our two stage Medium duty tripod will take 60 Kgs. Best Regards"