Can you convert an Arriflex 16S to a 16S/B?

Neal Levendel

• Premium Member

Short answer, no not really possible. It would cost more than buying an S/B model. If you find a junker S/B you could have a tech swap the turret over but flange depth would need to be checked and possibly adjusted.

8 hours ago, Dom Jaeger said:

Short answer, no not really possible. It would cost more than buying an S/B model. If you find a junker S/B you could have a tech swap the turret over but flange depth would need to be checked and possibly adjusted.

Thanks for the response. I know it's probably unrealistic, but if I were able to find an S/B turret and I decided to go through with this, do you know what I would need to do it properly?

Edited by Neal Levendel
Wording

• Premium Member

You’d need a flange depth gauge plus indicator or a measuring instrument, metal shims of 0.0005" thickness or less, and the fitting tools for all the narrow-slot screws and more. That’s why there are active camera technicians like Dom and others.

• Premium Member
On 8/20/2023 at 6:06 AM, Neal Levendel said:

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if the above is even possible or sensible. If so, I was wondering what I would need, and how much it would cost me.

Thanks!

Neal

Sell your 16S and buy an S/B. Serial numbers above 10000 usually have one B-mount.