What camera test should i do?

Cengizhan Cebeci

Hello Everyone

We are gonna shoot a feature movie with Arricam Lite. But cameras in my country lies down almost for 6 -7 years. So what camera tests should i do other than lens tests, magazine tests before we start. 

Another question is that we want to shoot 1.33 format so can we go with super35 mode or should we use normal 35 mode on camera mount? 

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Cengizhan Cebeci said:

Another question is that we want to shoot 1.33 format so can we go with super35 mode or should we use normal 35 mode on camera mount? 

You can shoot Super 35 4perf with the GroundGlass K2.54083.0  Number 1 on the attached pdf.

2-7-0-ground-glasses-and-masks-ansi-super-35-formats-data.pdf

Edited by Uli Meyer
Corrected number for GG
  • Like 1

Hi Cengizhan,

I would suggest that the camera should be already tested by the rental house camera technician, so you should consider the camera fine. But check this with them.

Do steady test, lens focus test, GG to gate test, mags test. Check mag's battery have been replaced or still working fine. Check for camera noise.  I would suggest to make camera and mags run with film for some time. If you are not sure about something, check it with the technician.

About the format: 

- S35 1.33 silent 1.33 format GG K2.54083.0 with projected area of 24.0 x 18.0 

- N35 1.33 TV safe GG K2.54100.0 with transmitted area of 20.2 x 15.2

- N35 1.37 academy + 1.33 TV safe GG K2.54000.0 with projected area of 21 x 15.2 @1.37

So you have both type, DP needs to define it since the dimension is different and with S35 it will have larger image, and need an appropriate lens coverage.

Hope this will help

Luca

• Like 1

Thank you Uli and Luca for this precious informations. 

I have another question. In this project we are gonna use Alexa 35 and Arricam lite together. Almost 50:50 we are gonna use this cameras. If we go with Alexa 35 4.6K open gate mode and make a frame line 24x18 in it like S35 1.33 silent format does this matches two cameras as a picture size?

Cengizhan 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Luca Bonicalza said:

- S35 1.33 silent 1.33 format GG K2.54083.0 with projected area of 24.0 x 18.0 

As Luca has noted, this is the correct GG number. I've revised it in my first reply! Enjoy your shoot ?

• Like 2