Eclair NPR Perfectone Compact Motor

John Krawlzik

Just wondering if anyone other than AZ Spectrum (very busy shop) does troubleshooting on a Perfectone Compact motor for the NPR? I have a motor in good physical shape, but it just powers on and runs at a non-crystal speed - cant switch anything, nothing works.  I tried removing the switching/crystal board and it actually runs the same way. Thinking it might be that board or a power issue to that board. Anyone have any similar problem or possibly boards from a junk motor? Hate to junk it or pay a lot to fix it. Thanks!

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, John Krawlzik said:

Just wondering if anyone other than AZ Spectrum (very busy shop) does troubleshooting on a Perfectone Compact motor for the NPR? I have a motor in good physical shape, but it just powers on and runs at a non-crystal speed - cant switch anything, nothing works.  I tried removing the switching/crystal board and it actually runs the same way. Thinking it might be that board or a power issue to that board. Anyone have any similar problem or possibly boards from a junk motor? Hate to junk it or pay a lot to fix it. Thanks!

Did i understand correctly that the motor starts to run continuously immediately when power switched on and cannot be stopped? Dont know that motor but sometimes the power transistor controlling the motor or the transistors control circuit may go bust on a motor and that may "lock it on" continuously. Just a guess what it could be, can really be anythi g...but it it would be in power electronics then the possible fault could be easier to find and repair. Start from the motor drive side and try to look for anything faulty in the parts closest to the actual motor drive in the circuit