c300 and Canon 8-64

12 hours ago, Pablo Alvarez Mesa said:

Can the C300 take a Canon 8-64 pl mount?

The C300 comes in either EF or PL mount so as long as the one you are using has the latter.

I don't know about a non-Canon made adapter that you could buy, but I doubt it would be available.

What is certainly possible is that Canon themselves make a PL mount for the C300 Mark III. It comes with shims. With this PL mount you could use the Canon 8-64.

The C300III can be changed to Super 16 sensor size I believe. I'm contemplating using this camera and lens myself.

13 hours ago, Pablo Alvarez Mesa said:

I'm just wondering if there is an adapter with an optical element - such as this - https://www.lensadaptor.com/b4-23-arri-pl-adaptor - for pl to ef 35mm

A quick google can show that there are adapters for EF to PL.

Are you talking about the original C300? It may be just as cost effective to sell the EF mounted C300 and buy a PL mounted C300 on eBay or somewhere. I bought an original C300 last year for a project for £550 (US $699) odd. I already had lenses, batteries and CF cards so was just buying the body, top handle and monitor.

After reading what Albion and Jon wrote (which I did not know when posting my original comment) I am unsure of what you are asking will work. 

Hope you manage to find a solution for this!

thanks for all this. yeah, it might be more cost effective to just get a 300 with a pl mount, great point. In order to try a s16mm lens though, is there a speedbooster kind of adapter that might cover the s35 size frame of the c300 though?

On 6/11/2024 at 1:50 PM, Pablo Alvarez Mesa said:

thanks for all this. yeah, it might be more cost effective to just get a 300 with a pl mount, great point. In order to try a s16mm lens though, is there a speedbooster kind of adapter that might cover the s35 size frame of the c300 though?

I don't know I'm afraid. Hopefully someone else here or more googling / YouTubing may answer your question?

All the best!