Walmart Processing --- Reversal Stocks?

Jason_Streff

I'm not trying to start anything about the immorality of Walmart or anything, so please keep those comments to yourself, but....

I know you can get K-40 processed through Walmart, but does this hold true for all the reversal stocks?

I've heard speculation that the new E-64 can be done through there also (any confirmations)?

How about the B&W stocks?

And if so, what would you write on the package so they know to send it to Dwaynes? I think for K-40 it was something like K 16 processing, but that wouldn't be the case for the other stocks.

Thanks.

Honestly, I'd just try it. A fellow in SF states that foodstores are accepting the 64t stocks. It is my understanding that WalMart will handle the new film. I'd just drop a test cart in an envelope and write "Super 8 movie film" on it. I don't really think it matters what you write on the bag. One time I wrote "K-14" on a spool of VNF film and it came back as a "Sorry, can't process k14". So where ever the bags do go, someone who knows a bit about it looks it over. If you askfor something the lab can't do, I believe the worst that would happen is that it will get sent back.

I wouldn't bother to ask the people who work there. Yesterday I asked them if they processed slide film. The responce was "Process it into what?" They may not be the evil empire, but their training progam leaves alot to be desired.

I have no idea if this is right or not but I heard Kodak sends all of the processing to Kodak Switzerland or something like that. This would be funny if true but it was probably one of those things you hear.

Make sure you do carefully label it negative or reversal as two different processes are required for them.

Edited by Trevor Greenfield

Guest Christopher Heston

I wouldn't try it. Walmar and Ralphs are the two stores I know of that send out Kodachrome and 64t. The reason you can send those stocks out to them is because they send super 8 k14 and 64t to Dwaynes. Since Dwaynes does not develop tri-x or plus-x it wont work.

-Chris

• Premium Member
I have no idea if this is right or not but I heard Kodak sends all of the processing to Kodak Switzerland or something like that. This would be funny if true but it was probably one of those things you hear.

Make sure you do carefully label it negative or reversal as two different processes are required for them.

Kodak still runs a KODACHROME process for 16mm and Super-8 film in Switzerland:

Kodak SA

Laboratoire KODACHROME

Case Postale

Ch-1001 Lausanne

Switzerland,

CH

(41) (21) 631-0111

Fax: (41) (21) 631-0150

Dwayne's runs the only other KODACHROME process for movie film:

Dwayne's Photo Service

415 S. 32nd Street

Parsons, KS 67357

US

(620) 421-3940

Toll Free: 1-800-522-3940

Fax: (620) 421-3174

As Super-8 E-6 films find more use, it's likely more labs will offer Super-8 E-6 processing.

Spectra in N. Hollywood will provide good E-6 processing for 64T Ektachrome. They have been doing it in 35mm motion picture film for years under "Spectra American". I have had great results with my recent 16 and super 8 tests.

www.spectrafilmandvideo.com

Edited by Mike Crane