Sekonic light meters

Hey,

Im interested in buying a sekonic light meter, to use on set for my student production.

The cine version of newest light meters are way more expensive than the regular one.....

can anybody tell me the diferences between the two, and whether its worth the extra money?

thanks!!!!!

Rob Wilton

• Premium Member

First, you get the typical cine and video frame trates of 24 and 25 fps (and therefore the exposure times, resp. 1/48 and 1/50 s). But if you work at 30 fps, the still photo 1/60 s is sufficient and won't be very far from 1/48 or 1/50 s anyway.

Also, you have a compensation for the shutter angle if you work at a different value than 180° (144°, 170°, 172.8°)

• Premium Member
First, you get the typical cine and video frame trates of 24 and 25 fps (and therefore the exposure times, resp. 1/48 and 1/50 s). But if you work at 30 fps, the still photo 1/60 s is sufficient and won't be very far from 1/48 or 1/50 s anyway.

Also, you have a compensation for the shutter angle if you work at a different value than 180° (144°, 170°, 172.8°)

Hi,

The cheaper non cine range have most usual frame rates in an case. My L-508 has from 2- 360 FPS including 24,25 + 30.

Stephen