Aaton A-Minima

Mark Smith

Sorry to post so many questions lately...but I am just doing some research on my next camera purchase. I was curious about the A-minima...I did a forum search and found some answers, but was curious if anyone knew what price point these cameras are at? New and used...Also, compared to an Arri SR I - which would you get...the only major drawback I see is the 200' limitation on mags, but I don.t really anticipate that as a problem, as I shoot mostly 100's now. Anyway, if anyone could give me a price check - or some advise between the Arri and the Aaton, that.d be great.

Mark.

• Premium Member
Sorry to post so many questions lately...but I am just doing some research on my next camera purchase. I was curious about the A-minima...I did a forum search and found some answers, but was curious if anyone knew what price point these cameras are at? New and used...Also, compared to an Arri SR I - which would you get...the only major drawback I see is the 200' limitation on mags, but I don.t really anticipate that as a problem, as I shoot mostly 100's now. Anyway, if anyone could give me a price check - or some advise between the Arri and the Aaton, that.d be great.

Mark.

Hi

A used A-minima camera that needs a service mabe $15000. I've seen them on Ebay around that. Lenses, matt box,video assist, tripod and head will easily double the cost.

The A-minima is a very different camera to an SR1, also being at least 20 years newer its more expensive. What do you want to shoot?

Stephen

I do basically short sync sound projects now [being a student] but want a camera that will let me transfer into the professional or at least prosumer realm after graduation [i.e. allow me to shoot commercials for my bread and butter].

Mark.

• Premium Member
I do basically short sync sound projects now [being a student] but want a camera that will let me transfer into the professional or at least prosumer realm after graduation [i.e. allow me to shoot commercials for my bread and butter].

Mark.

Hi,

The A-minima is very good for travelling, but you might be better with a LTR or XTR for many productions. I think you should wait and see if you really have the work to justify such an expensive camera.

Stephen