Digibeta VTR recommendations

Patrick Casey

• Premium Member

Hi,

The DVW-A500 is the standard deck, which also plays out standard Beta SP to SDI. It's the full featured edit deck and is fairly expensive; look for the version without the A if you don't need SP support. At the other end of the spectrum is the J7, which is a playback-only device but which plays more or less anything that'll fit in the slot, including IMX if I remember correctly.

Phil

• Premium Member
Hi,

The DVW-A500 is the standard deck, which also plays out standard Beta SP to SDI. It's the full featured edit deck and is fairly expensive; look for the version without the A if you don't need SP support. At the other end of the spectrum is the J7, which is a playback-only device but which plays more or less anything that'll fit in the slot, including IMX if I remember correctly.

Phil

I'm wondering if you mean the J3? I can't find a Sony J7 anywhere. Well I can actually, but it seems to be a mobile phone or something. Anyway, the J3 SDI did what I wanted it to do, so cheers buddy.

Hi,

I'm fairly sure there was a J7 too, but J3 is similar in my memory. Haven't been much in touch with it for 18 months or so.

Phil

The J-3 is a playback deck...it can play beta sp and sx, Mpeg IMX or Digi Beta.

It's a nice little deck but the Shuttle is dirt slow.

• 1 month later...