Capturing 24P HD footage from HD100

Raymond O'Neil

There are a number of programs for both PC and Mac that do the trick. Most of them are NLE specific. Lumiere is probably the best for FCP, but there is also HDVxDV which is about $100 U.S. less expensive.

There is a company that makes one for Adobe Premiere that is supposed to be the best, but you are stuck editing in premiere. If this is not a problem for you, then I would research it. It's by a company called Cine something... CineWork or something like that... sorry that I don't have the exact name.

Thank you so much. I checked out the web-site. Thanks again

BTW, if you haven't done so already, on cineforms site look at ConnectHD its 199.00 I downloaded the demo and it worked really well for capturing and I plan on buying. The footage loaded into AfterEffects which means it is in my native playground and I can do whatever I want to it. I have yet to try to load it into Combustion but I will be trying that tonight.

I just got my HD100 earlier this week I am been giddy ever since.

cw

Hi, whats the difference between AspectHD and ConnectHD?

Thank you

If you haven't found out already Connect HD seems to be a Capture Utility only. So you can capture footage then import it into whatever windows based video editor, compositor, whatever you want.

I think Aspect HD is a little more intricate and tied directly to Premiere as a plug or something. Also I think Aspect HD makes Premiere into a more legitimate HD Editor. But that is knowledge gleened from thier literature not first hand expierience.

I have been using the Connect HD demo for the last couple days and it seems really cool as a capture utility. The thing that sucks is that is costs WAY TOO MUCH. I mean, come on $200. Talk about a rip off, as a company they are just asking for your product to get cracked. With JVC pushing this camera hard, and interest peaking, pull the price of the program down and go for some volume sales and market share cause this first thing that runs through my mind is, this isn't much for $200.

Point is I am gonna buy Connect HD, it does work well even though it is too expensive for what it really is IMO.

CW

Hi Chris, thank you for your reply/clarification. Those things are quite expensive, you are right. A friend of mine has an illegal copy (I think from one of those download engines, torrent or donkey) of AspectHD and I will use that. It seemed to work great when I saw it. Honestly, I'd pay, but sometimes its a choice of eating or editing, so in this case I am willing to bend the copyright law a tad bit :) :D

Edited by mastroiani

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
hi there

just to clarify, ConnectHD will allow me to capture the 24F HD footage and transfer to any PC based editing software whatsoever, such as Avid?

Yes, it will.

And BTW what I said before about $200 for this program being a rip, was WAY OFF MARK. After further study Cinform is a KILLER company and thier people are very cool. But mainly this reason HD Connect is worth $200 is because it works very well in capturing all foortage from the HD100 (though I haven't personally tried the slo- mo yet) and its Cineform Codec is pretty good.

BTW, www.dvinfo.net has a hugely active HD/HDV forum that is very well maintained and informative.

Viva La HD100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...