sony DSR 570

jasarsenault

Anyone have any opinions on this camera? Pros and Cons? Can anyone send me to a link to see some footage from this cam or know of anything shot using it? Just curious.

It produces rather clean looking pictures, but not as smooth looking as Digital Betacam. It's been used on a wide range of productions including low budget features. Unfortunately it's not as well built as the Betacam range of cameras and the viewfinder isn't wonderful.

It's been replaced by the DSR 450 which would be worth looking at because of the option of shooting progressive and the more comprehensive menus.

This company often shoots on the DSR 570 and have examples of commercials on their site: http://www.streetmonkey.tv/

A lovely camera, very clean and high resolution images, if that is what you like. Personally i find it too crisp and clean, and most DP that use it put pro mist or some kind of difusion filter in it. The major drawback of course is that it is interlaced and not 24P. So if you dont mind a more television kind of motion and look its a nice camera, and I've found that it handles stylized lighting pretty well, but again, very crisp and edgey.