collapsable diffusion frames

• Premium Member

Hi,

... Anyone know where you can buy folding diffusion frames in the UK? I've had them on hire in the past and want to buy a couple but can't seem to pin down a dealer... Anybody know of a dealer I'd appreciate it...

Regards to all,

Rupe Whiteman

• Premium Member

... I've got a set of the smaller road rags but need something bigger... the large sized ones are too pricey and I just wanted some foldable frames that I can attach my own diffusion/materials to. I'm going to make some!...

thanks for the replies...

Rupe

Look at the lastolite 4x4 frames. I have a couple - usually use them as reflectors but they come with a diffusion and you can always tape your own diff on them. They are made of aluminium tubes that pull apart and you velcro the material over them. I take them on every shoot I do as they are fast to set up and help you out of all kind of corners.. http://www.lastolite.com/skylite-kits.php

Nick

• Premium Member
Look at the lastolite 4x4 frames. I have a couple - usually use them as reflectors but they come with a diffusion and you can always tape your own diff on them. They are made of aluminium tubes that pull apart and you velcro the material over them. I take them on every shoot I do as they are fast to set up and help you out of all kind of corners.. http://www.lastolite.com/skylite-kits.php

Nick

... I discovered these yesterday in the calumet catalogue and am awaiting delivery of one!...

Cheers,

Rupe Whiteman

• Premium Member
if you don't mind me asking - how much did you pay for the kit from Calumet?

thanks

Rolfe

...I've ordered the 1mx1m kit - £120 (+vat) it includes the frame, grip head and sunfire/white bounce, 1.25 stops diffuser and bag. As I've got some 1m wide bleached muslin and other fabrics I can then use them on it too...

nb - like the look of your stuff - the mille miglia shoot must have been fun... I shot a Grand Prix competition a couple of years ago...

Rupe Whiteman

Edited by rupe w

If you're handy, you could build a frame out of PVC pipe and plumbing fittings. It might be alittle slower to assemble than a commercially available frame, but it is easy to take apart if you lube the fittings with some soap. It's lightweight and cheap.

For a VERY strong and rigid frame, build it out of square aluminum. Build it in six foot sections so you can pack and transport it reasonably.

You would then have to buy fabric and sew a hem and some sort of ties or spandex to hold it to the frame.

Good luck.