Red

Michael Collier

• Premium Member
You are democratizing the real digital moviemaking, putting it at the same level than 35mm. And that's why there are a lot of people from the film side that are thinking what their fears engage. Fortunately, they aren't all. 'cause we need of this economy of scale to amortize your and our effort.[/size]

Suggesting that the RED will be on the same quality level as 35mm is at this moment in time wishful thinking from your part, nothing more.

As for the industry being afraid and using high production cost to keep others out just goes to show that you have very little idea of how the industry works. As has been pointed out here before, the cost of equipment is a small part of an actual budget and certainly not a difference maker. The real issue here is distribution. If you make a good film, it will get seen, period. Giving a bunch of amateurs a 35mm camera and all the equipment they have ever dreamed of is not going to make them better filmmakers, making better films.

Sure, once everyone starts getting access to better quality equipment at lower prices, you will see a certain number of really-low budget films breaking through, but I venture to say that that percentage is not much higher as it is now already. To think that the equation of filmmaking will be significantly changed is just illusory. It hasn't happened in the music industry and the gaming industry, why should it in the film industry?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jim Murdoch
Do we know a humble successful man like him? Probably not.

Ah no, I had a bit of a off-line altercation with him in the private messaging section, and he wasn't slow to play the "personal success" card.

I suppose I didn't help by referrring to him as a purveyor of: "over-hyped face-furniture to the canned-Jim Beam-and-Cola and Rolling Stone demographic",* but aah; what do I care? It's not like I'm applying for a job with him or anything. Particularly not if I keep telling him what he doesn't want to hear. "Poor but Honest" seems to be all the go these days.

*Sorry Jim, but that was too good a line to keep private :P

Suggesting that the RED will be on the same quality level as 35mm is at this moment in time wishful thinking from your part, nothing more.
(there are minimum requirements) I'm not alone but you're also right.

As for the industry being afraid and using high production cost to keep others out just goes to show that you have very little idea of how the industry works.
My goodness...which industries we are talking about? There isn't one industry as it's possible to read crossing your post! Besides I'm working in the tuff film business since a dozen years ago -- your point just goes to show that you have very little idea of how I made my personal way untill you meet me here!

As has been pointed out here before, the cost of equipment is a small part of an actual budget and certainly not a difference maker. The real issue here is distribution. If you make a good film, it will get seen, period. Giving a bunch of amateurs a 35mm camera and all the equipment they have ever dreamed of is not going to make them better filmmakers, making better films.
You ain't saying nothing new that we all didn't already know.

Sure, once everyone starts getting access to better quality equipment at lower prices, you will see a certain number of really-low budget films breaking through, but I venture to say that that percentage is not much higher as it is now already. To think that the equation of filmmaking will be significantly changed is just illusory. It hasn't happened in the music industry and the gaming industry, why should it in the film industry?
Frankly, again! Industry... percentage... Anyway, I didn't like to have your ideas and to know some gurus of this our same industry... Where did you do your training? Or will we live in the same world?

BTW, the world had changed since your beautiful post, didn't you notice?

Well, are you kidding?...or are we just to exchange ideas despite your tone and acting as some (JUST some) of you they were owners of the knowledge or of all working experience regarding this business? Without any other net about the people that arrived here unless some posts in that particular moment and context?

It happened with the RED owner [as well the form factor as he was treated far way from any welcome skepticism -- see around (press, for instance!) and maybe you can figure out what I'm saying], with myself and it will happen with any newbie posting in any small corporate community. But differently than this same useful website where we are at the same time. Occasionally. As before, there isn't just one cinematography.com!

My dear Max, the world is not this or that forum not even all the people with who you are contacting in your prolific activity as clapper loader.

Ah no, I had a bit of a off-line altercation with him in the private messaging section, and he wasn't slow to play the "personal success" card.

I suppose I didn't help by referrring to him as a purveyor of: "over-hyped face-furniture to the canned-Jim Beam-and-Cola and Rolling Stone demographic",* but aah; what do I care? It's not like I'm applying for a job with him or anything. Particularly not if I keep telling him what he doesn't want to hear. "Poor but Honest" seems to be all the go these days.

*Sorry Jim, but that was too good a line to keep private :P

Again the same...why such sterile animosity? Are you able to stop it? Following your example, the children are playing as growing people...

""My dear Max, the world is not this or that forum not even all the people with who you are contacting in your prolific activity as clapper loader. ""

Emanuel, first of all, your posts are so poorly written and constructed they give me headaches.

Second, what's wrong with being a clapper loader? What the hell do you do for a living?

Third..

There's just something really shady about you, man.

:unsure:

Edited by TSM

""My dear Max, the world is not this or that forum not even all the people with who you are contacting in your prolific activity as clapper loader."

Emanuel, first of all, your posts are so poorly written and constructed they give me headaches.

I'm sorry about my non-native english but maybe I may write in my mother language, if you prefer.

Second, what's wrong with being a clapper loader?
Nothing at all. What should it be?

What the hell do you do for a living?
What the hell do I have to answer you...(what's your name?)...Jonathan?

Third..

There's just something really shady about you, man.

:unsure:

Again? But wth...why don't you link away out there? Maybe you can find your answer... Edited by Emanuel

Guest Jim Murdoch
I don't know what the hell you are talking about , it's not readable and makes no sense, and I have tried .

John Holland.

I strongly suspect it's what I said before: some prankster is writing posts in English, running them through the AltaVista Babel Fish Translator into some foreign language and then turning them back into English. For example, here's the above quote translated into French, then back again:

"I know devil speak to you, his nonreadable and marks no direction, and I tested.

John Holland."

It's the lack of spelling errors that give it away; nobody who spoke English that poorly could possibly spell that well!

Edited by Jim Murdoch

• Premium Member
My goodness...which industries we are talking about? There isn't one industry as it's possible to read crossing your post!

The one common factor in all the film industries in the various countries is that you need funding.

Besides I'm working in the tuff film business since a dozen yearsago -- your point just goes to show that you have very little idea of how I made my personal way untill you meet me here!

Obviously I have very little idea about how you made your way into the film industry since you do not provide any CONCRETE and VERIFIABLE information about yourself, in fact do not even use your real name! So far you merely give the impression of an overly enthousiastic cheerleader for the red camera.

The one common factor in all the film industries in the various countries is that you need funding.
Again you are partially right because there are more than one industry sometimes in the same market. And there are others crossing countries as you well know.

Obviously I have very little idea about how you made your way into the film industry since you do not provide any CONCRETE and VERIFIABLE information about yourself, in fact do not even use your real name!
Again you are partially wrong. There isn't "the" film industry. And I already provide a lot of links about my background. Of course, always that I want and with who I want. If you will follow my posts you will find the clues as I found yours. And with pleasure concerning your achievements -- and you know that now and again I'm not kidding. Maybe it will not be the case of another one lazy enough to return back and to follow the river. But regarding you I'm sure that you already read it and know what I'm thinking about the work that I could to know related yourself.

So far you merely give the impression of an overly enthousiastic cheerleader for the red camera.
If you put away the neighbour words of the «enthusiastic» future buyer of the RED camera, it will be possible to agree this time with you.

__

Edited by Emanuel

I'd like to suggest that we all refrain from adding to this increasingly pointless thread until:

A. There is an actual RED camera to talk about.

B. Emanuel gives us some real info about himself, rather than vague references to comments he may have made on other forums.

10 pages is more than enough, don't you think?

I'd like to suggest that we all refrain from adding to this increasingly pointless thread until:

B. Emanuel gives us some real info about himself, rather than vague references to comments he may have made on other forums.

It's the - my - first time that I'm feeling as guilty of any crime just because I have firm convictions concerning something. In this case, a cinema camera project called RED. As well, I didn't see such attitude in any way other than with some posters here.

This sort of mystification about a hypothetical disguised condition around who I am :huh: it's beginning to amuse me :D 'cause somewhere at my first posts there was someone that asked me. Now I'm vague but there are a lot of people here that are knowing related who I'm talking about -- otherwise if you don't want to find it's a problem of yourself (no hard feelings :)).

Well, he asked me. Others also (important people here and outside) asked me as well. And I answered. As far as we can see, they don't ask me again, so the answer was accurate. Why don't you search? Rather than accuse me that I've been being vague with «references to comments he may have made on other forums». It's true but after I've already been posting as I'm tired of saying.

BTW, your other name isn't it English as a hidden one? :ph34r: (sorry, I'm joking :lol: but it's not a joke :) about the country from where you are posting but around the subject... :D)

Edited by Emanuel

• Premium Member

I quite agree.

Anyone who makes a habit of writing the word red in the same color not only for his own posts, but also for other people's posts that he quotes is a bit too far out for my taste.

Max, BTW Emanuel is my real name as everything I posted here. Of course.

And now I'm not kidding.

Anyone who makes a habit of writing the word red in the same color not only for his own posts, but also for other people's posts that he quotes is a bit too far out for my taste.
Poor statement...I was kidding...can I also? It's the best that I can do with your ridiculous obssession -- not mine!

...and wth your taste is here called?

Edited by Emanuel

This sort of mystification about a hypothetical disguised condition around who I am :huh: it's beginning to amuse me :D 'cause somewhere at my first posts there was someone that asked me. Now I'm vague but there are a lot of people here that are knowing related who I'm talking about -- otherwise if you don't want to find it's a problem of yourself (no hard feelings :)).

Well, he asked me. Others also (important people here and outside) asked me as well. And I answered. As far as we can see, they don't ask me again, so the answer was accurate. Why don't you search? Rather than accuse me that I've been being vague with «references to comments he may have made on other forums». It's true but after I've already been posting as I'm tired of saying.

I'm sorry, but what does this actually MEAN?

I'm sorry, but what does this actually MEAN?

Sorry, I'm a little bit tired saying always the same.

The rumor doesn't make sense.

1st The senior KODAK rep (I don't remember the name and I'm tired for to search it) asked for my background;

2nd Tim (the forum administrator) and David Mullen they had the impression that I would be a shill (I needed to see@dictionary what this expression means and it wasn't easy to find it :lol:);

3rd I linked some clues about myself;

4th They don't ask me again;

5th Jim came to say that I am not -- better yet RED don't have this sort of...

6th Tim only asks me again (once) about my motion picture gear;

7th ...because I said that I wouldn't rent...

...and here we are!

PS

Stuart English (also known as the father of the DVX) is the former Vice President of PANASONIC BROADCAST that now it is with the RED team.

Edited by Emanuel

Hi but further to my earlier post , dont care what you native language is , but nothing makes any sense , on here , and sure not going to waste time looking at other sites to find [who you are ] dont give a fu** sorry .john holland.

Sorry, I'm a little bit tired saying always the same.

The rumor doesn't make sense.

1st The senior KODAK rep (I don't remember the name and I'm tired for to search it) asked for my background;

2nd Tim (the forum administrator) and David Mullen they had the impression that I would be a shill (I needed to see@dictionary what this expression means and it wasn't easy to find it :lol:);

3rd I linked some clues about myself;

4th They don't ask me again;

5th Jim came to say that I am not -- better yet RED don't have this sort of...

6th Tim only asks me again (once) about my motion picture gear;

7th ...because I said that I wouldn't rent...

...and here we are!

PS

Stuart English (also known as the father of the DVX) is the former Vice President of PANASONIC BROADCAST that now it is with the RED team.

This is getting BORING!!

You should go out and make a movie or do something creative.

Hi but further to my earlier post , dont care what you native language is , but nothing makes any sense , on here , and sure not going to waste time looking at other sites to find [who you are ] dont give a fu** sorry .john holland.
I'm not giving any more...I'm exhausted! Believe it or not, it's your choice! Or then do some search if you wish or...whatever!...

BTW, that non-native language it was a Murdoch gag. He has been saying that there is someone posting after a BABEL translation from the english and the reverse :lol: ...but for sure he don't believe in his own words! There isn't any theory of conspiracy at all...believe me! Or if you prefer believe in the Murdoch's play.

This is getting BORING!!

You should go out and make a movie or do something creative.

Yup !!!

I'm trying (writing...at my native language) while I have the net open just to this...:( And for sure, to practice (if possible) my non-native english!...

Acreditem em mim! :lol:

I'm not giving any more...I'm exhausted! Believe it or not, it's your choice! Or then do some search if you wish or...whatever!...

BTW, that non-native language it was a Murdoch gag. He has been saying that there is someone posting after a BABEL translation from the english and the reverse :lol: ...but for sure he don't believe in his own words! There isn't any theory of conspiracy at all...believe me! Or if you prefer believe in the Murdoch's play.

What Rupert Murdoch , the man that owns Fox news who got Bush into power and Blair via The Sun over here, really think you should be silent for a while , as Brain said BORING. john holland .

What Rupert Murdoch , the man that owns Fox news who got Bush into power and Blair via The Sun over here, really think you should be silent for a while , as Brain said BORING. john holland .

Sorry Brian .

What Rupert Murdoch , the man that owns Fox news who got Bush into power and Blair via The Sun over here, really think you should be silent for a while
...reviewing and improving my BABEL software translator:
There isn't any theory of conspiracy at all...believe me! Or if you prefer believe in the Murdoch's play.
OK...believe in the Murdoch's play...

silent for a while

Edited by Emanuel