My Demo Reel - Please critique!

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and pretty new as a filmmaker. I've recently (1-2 years) started shooting more and more projects on various formats. I've built up a reel that the more I look at it, the more I want to get better.

This is pretty much for 1st "good pass" of my reel that I don't mind showing to others. Can anyone please give me some critisms/inputs on my reel? What can I add to make this 3 minutes more affective, etc. Any input would be greatly appriciated. Thank you very much in advance.

http://www.chunminghuang.com/DP%20DEMO_Medium.mov

Chun Ming

Hi Chun Ming,

checked out your reel, pretty cool. I'm wondering if it is too long at this point. Maybe shave off a few insert type shots in the middle. I like the way you buiild it to the end with some the kintetic fight sequences. so just tightning it up a bit.

here's a link to my site where my reel is currently at.

http://web.mac.com/rlf4/iWeb/Site/Movie.html

I'd also appreciate some feedback as well. i still think I need to re edit for pacing and time...

Well, I'll say right off, I don't know what a reel should look like. But your work looks fantastic. If anything, I might say I agree with the guy above, only because it was clear to me very early on in the reel that you know what you're doing and do nice work. So I was sold on it pretty quickly.

Question about reels: Is there any benefit to telling what kind of camera each clip was shot on?

Edited by MarkHarris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Some of the shots look really really nice! I liked some of the fight sequences at the end but eventually I felt there was much too much fighting. I think that maybe you could show a little less fighting as it ended up feeling like I was watching a trailer for 'Blood Sport 27'...

Nice work!