Final Cut Pro Cracks here ??

Dominik Muench

hi guys,

i have a small problem with final cut, im trying to export some still frames from a projekt as jpegs, which works fine, however even though the projet is in 720x576 anamorphic or in 1024x576 widescreen (original footage is Super16mm), all the exported images are squeezed in 4:3 :/

what am i doing worng ?

thanks for the help.

• Premium Member
hi guys,

i have a small problem with final cut, im trying to export some still frames from a projekt as jpegs, which works fine, however even though the projet is in 720x576 anamorphic or in 1024x576 widescreen (original footage is Super16mm), all the exported images are squeezed in 4:3 :/

what am i doing worng ?

thanks for the help.

Hi,

I guess your working in pal, which is 720x576 in widescreen. The aspect ratio is obtained by stretching the pixels. You will have to do this in photoshop with the jpegs.

Stephen

hi stephen,

yes pal, i tried that too, the pixel stretching in photoshop works, and if i open the saved file it is in the right aspect ratio, however only in photoshop, if i open the image file in any other picture viewer its still 4:3 squeezed.

• Premium Member
hi stephen,

yes pal, i tried that too, the pixel stretching in photoshop works, and if i open the saved file it is in the right aspect ratio, however only in photoshop, if i open the image file in any other picture viewer its still 4:3 squeezed.

Hi,

Resave the 720x 576 as 1024x576 in photoshop, I think that will work.

Stephen

The pixel aspect ratio control in Photoshop is for viewing only. It doesn't actually change the file. it's also pretty low quality.

The pixel aspect ratio control in Photoshop is for viewing only. It doesn't actually change the file. it's also pretty low quality.

ahsooo, that explains it *g

do you guys have a recommendation for how to get high quality screen caps from quicktime or avi files ?

• Premium Member
hi guys,

what am i doing worng ?

thanks for the help.

The following method works for exporting stills from a DVCPro HD timeline. It may work for your footage preset as well.

Open a new FCP project timeline using an uncompressed preset. Move your squeezed still frames onto this timeline, then render them. This should remove the squeeze. You can now export these frames in their proper aspect ratio as JPEGs.