Ikonoskop A-Cam SP-16

Alex Fuchs

I havent had any experiance with this camera but all i can say is that this is suppose to be the ''smallest'' professional s16 camera with crystal sync. The first models didnt have a reflexive viewfinder ''because it would make the camera too big and expensive'' according the manufacturer. However the manufacturers eventually changed their minds so the latest version of this camera now has a reflexive viewfinder (praise the lord).

more info:

http://www.ikonoskop.com/

//Jan

I once worked with it. It is a very special machine that i wouldn't use as A-Camera on any shoot, but it is perfect for things like bicyclemounts in odd angles or for example rigging it under a car because it really is very small.

I'll agree. Used one for some motorcycle POV's and it worked out fine. I do not feel this is an A-Camera for an entire production but is useful for when you have to tuck a camera in tight and/or inconvenient places.

The one I used was C mount only and that is a real factor for me.

• Premium Member
The first models didnt have a reflexive viewfinder ''because it would make the camera too big and expensive'' according the manufacturer. However the manufacturers eventually changed their minds so the latest version of this camera now has a reflexive viewfinder (praise the lord).

//Jan

The reflex version is actually a modification by Duall camera in NYC and its not cheap. Ikonoskop still doesn't make a reflex version of one.