Eclair ACL II 'flicker' problem

Super16Eclair

My ACL II has developed a flicker problem. An irregular 'flicker' is visible in the lighter areas of the frame, but not all the time. I'm sure my loop sizes are big enough and I have the 75fps motor for 400' magazines. Does anyone know what may be causing this? There was one occasion when I changed the frame rate to 50fps and when I turned it back to 25fps it seemed to be stuck on about 8fps. With a bit of backwards and forwarding between speeds and it seemed to fix itself.

• Premium Member
My ACL II has developed a flicker problem. An irregular 'flicker' is visible in the lighter areas of the frame, but not all the time. I'm sure my loop sizes are big enough and I have the 75fps motor for 400' magazines. Does anyone know what may be causing this? There was one occasion when I changed the frame rate to 50fps and when I turned it back to 25fps it seemed to be stuck on about 8fps. With a bit of backwards and forwarding between speeds and it seemed to fix itself.

1 vote for stnadrd reply # 5 - clean and lube. the shutter may not be running evenly? the lighter partions get more light and so the varbility affects them more.

I am just guessing of course.

• Premium Member

Only camera I have experienced flicker with was a Bolex EBM and it was caused by intermittent shutter bounce. A good clean, lube and adjust by a qualified Eclair camera tech should solve the problem.

-Tim

• Premium Member
Only camera I have experienced flicker with was a Bolex EBM and it was caused by intermittent shutter bounce. A good clean, lube and adjust by a qualified Eclair camera tech should solve the problem.

-Tim

Well, I have just spent a year and a half with a flicker problem with an ACL. It can be caused by a lot of different things. (It may be a wide angle lens problem, it may be the battery, it may be the shutter, it may be the mirror, it may be the motor, etc.) The bottom line is you are not going to be able to fix it yourself.

Give Bernie O'Doherty at www.super16inc.com a call. He will fix it and guarantee it at a very reasonable rate.

:)

My ACL II has developed a flicker problem.

What type of light you had ?

Daylight, You use Tungsten lighters, or HMI lighters with magnetic ballast or HMI with electronic ballast?

What frequency have main power ?

Battery 12 V ?

Speed 25 fps, 50 fps ?