New cine cameras

Matthew Buick

I was looking on wikipedia, at the 'cine film' section, when I came across something that said, 'new cine cameras would be produced', not much more than that I'm afraid, can anyone help fill in the massive void here.

Edited by Matthew Buick

• Premium Member
I was looking on wikipedia, at the 'cine film' section, when I came across something that said, 'new cine cameras would be produced', not much more than that I'm afraid, can anyone help fill in the massive void here.

What exactly are you asking? If I knew, I could probably supply an answer. :huh:

Wikipedia is NOT where you look for info on new motion picture cameras, come on! Call a camera company or go to a tradeshow! As far as I can recall, there hasn't been a new 35mm in a couple of years, but there was a new 16 introduced not too long ago by Arri. Not sure if it is on the market yet. There was a sleek new 35 out a few years back that amazed me how small it was.

~Karl

I am asking for info on these cameras, format, pictures, technical info, prices, y'know, stuff like that.

Check www.arri.com The last cameras they introduced were the Arricam Studio and Lite, Arriflex 235 and the Arriflex 416. In that order. The 435 was updated as well.

Wikipedia is NOT where you look for info on new motion picture cameras, come on! Call a camera company or go to a tradeshow! As far as I can recall, there hasn't been a new 35mm in a couple of years

~Karl

I just blundered into this information, and I don't think it's 35mm, I have a feeling it's Super 8, the report talked of the declining sales of cine cameras, Super 8 seems to be the only one that fits.

• Premium Member
I am asking for info on these cameras, format, pictures, technical info, prices, y'know, stuff like that.

For info on current film cameras, check out www.arri.com and www.panavision.com. Those are the big ones. Those sites will give you evreything you want to know like tech info...you don't want to know about prices to purchase one, BTW. The 416 is, I believe 90K for the body, more like 120 for a package.

Arri's arricam studio and lite are their current sync production cameras and panavision's newest are the newer Panaflex models like the Millenium, the Millenium XL, and the Millenium XL2.

For Super16, arri's SR3 is pretty much the standard but they recently released the 416, which will become more common as they're sent out.

Edited by Christopher D. Keth

Perhaps what you came across was a reference to the A-Cam

a new super 16 camera, or maybe it was one of the "new" Pro8mm cameras the "Max8" or whatever they are calling their reconditioned Beaulieus now.

As far as I know there are no Super 8 cameras currently in production although Wittner I think still assemble cameras from parts left over from the Beaulieu factory.

For info on current film cameras, check out www.arri.com and www.panavision.com. Those are the big ones. Those sites will give you evreything you want to know like tech info...you don't want to know about prices to purchase one, BTW. The 416 is, I believe 90K for the body, more like 120 for a package.

Arri's arricam studio and lite are their current sync production cameras and panavision's newest are the newer Panaflex models like the Millenium, the Millenium XL, and the Millenium XL2.

For Super16, arri's SR3 is pretty much the standard but they recently released the 416, which will become more common as they're sent out.

---Don't forget Aaton.

The Penelope for 35mm and a new XTRprod2 forS16

& the A-Minima isn't that old.

---LV