Nizo 6080 Register Pin

levi bettwieser

I have a Nizo 6080 super 8mm camera. When I run film through the camera it is very quiet for about ten seconds, then i hear a distinct clicking noise. I just had this camera hooked up with a crystal sync motor, so i know the frame rate is consistant. Sometimes when i pull out the film cartridge i see scratches by the perferations on the film. This makes me think that the register pin is hitting the film and causing the clicking noise. The noise is loud enough to stop me from shooting sound because the clicking is picked up by the microphone. Does anyone have any ideas that will help me? All help is appreciated, i'm supposed to start shooting a film with this camera by sunday the third.

Thanks

Levi Bettwieser

Born Mad Films

I have a Nizo 6080 super 8mm camera. When I run film through the camera it is very quiet for about ten seconds, then i hear a distinct clicking noise. I just had this camera hooked up with a crystal sync motor, so i know the frame rate is consistant. Sometimes when i pull out the film cartridge i see scratches by the perferations on the film. This makes me think that the register pin is hitting the film and causing the clicking noise. The noise is loud enough to stop me from shooting sound because the clicking is picked up by the microphone. Does anyone have any ideas that will help me? All help is appreciated, i'm supposed to start shooting a film with this camera by sunday the third.

Thanks

Levi Bettwieser

Born Mad Films

I'm sorry, the claw is making scatches, not the registration pin. It's called the claw.

Thanks

• Premium Member
I'm sorry, the claw is making scatches, not the registration pin. It's called the claw.

Thanks

Do you think the film is actually advancing?

Use a sharpie to put a mark on the film, reinsert the film, shoot a bit, and take out the film to see if the sharpie mark is still there.

with no film in the camera activate the trigger and see if the camera motor that turns the film cartridge spindle is turning and has some force behind it.

Also try a new film cartridge just in case the one you are using is jammed.

Do you think the film is actually advancing?

Use a sharpie to put a mark on the film, reinsert the film, shoot a bit, and take out the film to see if the sharpie mark is still there.

with no film in the camera activate the trigger and see if the camera motor that turns the film cartridge spindle is turning and has some force behind it.

Also try a new film cartridge just in case the one you are using is jammed.

The spindle is turning. Well, it didn't when i first pushed the trigger, then it did. But then i put in the film and it was clicking, and then i took out the film and pushed the trigger and the spindle was still turning. I ran the camera consistently for about a minute and it didn't stop turning. Yes the film is advancing and i've run two cartridges of film through it. Anything else? Could it be that when they installed the crystal motor that they moved the claw and it isn't grabbing the film?

Levi

The spindle is turning. Well, it didn't when i first pushed the trigger, then it did. But then i put in the film and it was clicking, and then i took out the film and pushed the trigger and the spindle was still turning. I ran the camera consistently for about a minute and it didn't stop turning. Yes the film is advancing and i've run two cartridges of film through it. Anything else? Could it be that when they installed the crystal motor that they moved the claw and it isn't grabbing the film?

Levi

Hi;

Out of interest who did the crystal sync mod? I assume this was not happening before the mod?

Olly

Hi;

Matthew are you saying the origional poster Levi's mod was performed by the film group or just stating that this company performs crystal mods.....?

Olly

Hello,

Olly, as far as i know the film group is the only place that fixes super 8's with a crystal sync motor. And yes, it was not doing this before the conversion. I need to call them but i can't until monday, and i need the camera up and running by sunday.

Hello,

Olly, as far as i know the film group is the only place that fixes super 8's with a crystal sync motor. And yes, it was not doing this before the conversion. I need to call them but i can't until monday, and i need the camera up and running by sunday.

Hi;

Well at least they seem to have a good rep with customer service, please let us know what happens (I'm soon sending in a 4080 to them). Hope you get something sorted.... I had a barney made from custom upholstery products which has really cut down on the already quiet camera, maybe something along these lines could temporarily help with the clicking. Good luck.

Olly

Thanks

Levi Bettwieser

Born Mad Films

Try sending your camera to Duall camera in NYC. They specialize in Nizo and the crystal conversion of Nizo cameras.

Guest paulhanssen
Try sending your camera to Duall camera in NYC. They specialize in Nizo and the crystal conversion of Nizo cameras.

Possibly it may have something to do with the dissolves features etc. The camera runs only a few seconds then, stops and you wil have to push a button somewhere to kake it run normlly again.. well could it be that..I had a 4080 long ago and I remember it behaved strangely after I had played with this function,

my 2 cents..

paul

• Premium Member
Possibly it may have something to do with the dissolves features etc. The camera runs only a few seconds then, stops and you wil have to push a button somewhere to kake it run normlly again.. well could it be that..I had a 4080 long ago and I remember it behaved strangely after I had played with this function,

my 2 cents..

paul

I wonder if the way the voltage is allocated to different parts of the camera has been altered because of the crystal sync mod. I'd also check the individual batteries to see if the remaining voltage output on each cell is similar to the rest.

I'd then consider fresh batteries and what kind of batteries are you using?